;

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: [SBS-2016] BEAUTIFUL GONG SHIM (Nam Goong Min, Minah)  (Read 3838 times)

elfaIQ

• Chingu
  • Keong: 1
  • JiJi shipper 😘 BoYoo Couple 😚
    • elfaIQ
[SBS-2016] BEAUTIFUL GONG SHIM (Nam Goong Min, Minah)
« on: January 07, 2016, 02:28:20 pm »

The Beauty of the Beast

Drama: The Beauty of the Beast (working & literal title)
Revised romanization: Yasooui Minyeo
Hangul: 야수의 미녀
Director: Baek Soo-Chan
Writer: Lee Hee-Myung
Network: SBS
Episodes:
Release Date: May 14, 2016 --
Runtime: Saturday & Sunday 22:00
Language: Korean

Plot

The story story of Ahn Dan-Tae (Namgung Min) as he lives a life of ups and downs. He gets wrongly accused of a crime and imprisoned. Afterwards, he goes on to become a human rights attorney and successor of a large company.

Notes

"The Beauty of the Beast" takes over the SBS Saturday & Sunday 22:00 time slot previously occupied by "Mrs. Cop 2"
Actress Baek Jin-Hee has been offered the lead female role and she is considering the offer positively.
Early working title was "Yasoowa Minyeo" ("The Beast and The Beauty").
Namgung Min's first lead acting role for a major broadcasting station.
Namgung Min previously worked with director Baek Soo-Chan and screenwriter Lee Hee-Myung in 2015 SBS drama series "The Girl Who Sees Smells."

Cast

Namgung Min - Ahn Dan-Tae
Minah - Kong-Sim
On Joo-Wan - Suk Jin-Soo
Seo Hyo-Rim - Kong-Mi
Oh Hyun-Kyung - Joo Jae-Boon

http://asianwiki.com/The_Beauty_of_the_Beast
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:49:43 pm by whatea »

YJ's bodyguards 😘😘😘

elfaIQ

• Chingu
    • elfaIQ
Re: [Upcoming SBS-2016] Dance With You
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 02:30:56 pm »

Girl Who Sees Smells writer returns with idol drama Dance With You

If you liked last year’s rom-com-slash-serial-killer drama Girl Who Sees Smells, and/or 2013’s harder-edged story of ruthless ambition Yawang, you may be interested to hear that the writer of those two, Lee Hee-myung, is working on another drama for SBS, tentatively titled Dance With You.

The plot description is very thin, giving us only that it’s a story of idols and producers. My first reaction was “Another one?” since we’ve had such a slew of those dramas in past years, some that have been pretty good (Dream High, You’re Beautiful), but also a lot that have fallen short (She’s So Lovable, Trot Lovers, Dream High 2…). I’m sure the concept still has a lot of good stories in it and I’m not ready to write it off, but I’ll be waiting to hear more about that plot details before I know what to feel.

Even so, looking at writer Lee’s resumé, I’m reminded of all the genuinely funny and heartfelt shows he’s written, and that makes me feel more optimistic about the idea: Tomato was a cute, old-school classic; Successful Story of a Bright Girl was another solid rom-com that and early-2000s hit; Bad Family was heartwarming and laugh-out-loud funny; and Rooftop Prince was laugh-even-louder hilarious. So really, it’s Yawang that’s the anomaly in a sea of light, bright comedies.

Writer Lee is currently assembling his team with aims to cast shortly, and will reunite with his Girl Who Sees Smells director, PD Baek Soo-chan (also of Pumpkin Flower Soon-jung, Dream, Tazza, and Golden Bride), for the series. Dance With You is being planned as a Wednesday-Thursday drama, and is being considered for the slot following Rain and Kang So-ra’s Please Come Back, Ajusshi, which follows current thriller Remember—Son’s War. If it lands that timeslot, it would premiere in April.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/01/girl-who-sees-smells-writer-returns-with-idol-drama-dance-with-you/

YJ's bodyguards 😘😘😘

elfaIQ

• Chingu
    • elfaIQ
Re: [Upcoming SBS-2016] Dance With You
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 07:08:33 am »

Girl Who Sees Smells team heads to SBS weekends with new idol drama

The PD-writer team behind the supernatural cop-thriller-romance Girl Who Sees Smells is back with a new series, this time a showbiz drama about idols. The show formerly known as Dance With You has a new title and a timeslot on SBS — it’s now called Beauty and the Beast (though half the press releases are also calling it Beast’s Beauty, which I hope is a typo gone rogue) and it’s been slated to follow Mrs. Cop 2 on weekends this spring.

The new series comes from writer Lee Hee-myung of Girl Who Sees Smells, Yawang, Rooftop Prince, and Bad Family, among others. She’s re-teaming with Smells PD Baek Soo-chan (also of Pumpkin Flower Soon-jung, Dream, Tazza), and all that’s in the description for the drama is that it’s about idols and producers. That’s not really a lot to go on, and given that the new Ji Sung drama Entertainer is pretty much that same drama on the same network, I hope there’s going to be a spin on the concept.

I’m sure there will be, and that the two dramas will set themselves apart once we actually get to the meat of the story. Maybe this one will focus on the idols more than the producers, or maybe there will be a boy who smells music, who knows.

It’s interesting that SBS and MBC are programming shorter miniseries on the weekends now, in slots that were mostly occupied by 50-episode family shows and the occasional 20-episode special engagement. I’m curious to see if it’ll stick as a trend, and if it’ll mean more dramas throughout the year overall.

Beauty and the Beast will follow Mrs. Cop 2 on Saturdays and Sundays starting in May.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/03/girl-who-sees-smells-team-heads-to-sbs-weekends-with-new-idol-drama/

YJ's bodyguards 😘😘😘

elfaIQ

• Chingu
    • elfaIQ
Re: [Upcoming SBS-2016] Beauty and the Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 12:32:56 pm »

Namgoong Min to Star in Upcoming SBS Weekend Drama

Actor Namgoong Min has been cast as the male lead for SBS‘ upcoming weekend drama entitled “Beast’s Beauty” (literal translation).

On March 24, his agency 935 Entertainment confirmed that he will be portraying the main character An Dante, a charming ladies man who has gone from an ex-con to a human rights lawyer and finally become the heir of a chaebol.

This will mark Namgoong Min’s first time to star in a drama airing on a major broadcasting station (KBS, MBC, SBS) since his debut. According to his agency, they have been contacted by drama and film representatives ever since Namgoong Min’s impressive performance on the SBS drama “Remember,” but they have decided to continue working with SBS for his next project.

“Beast’s Beauty” will start filming in mid-April, and is expected to premiere in May after “Mrs. Cop 2” ends its run.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/23/namgoong-min-to-star-in-upcoming-sbs-weekend-drama/

Ahayyyyy abang nam akhirnya yah.... dapet lead juga 😂😂😂😂😂

YJ's bodyguards 😘😘😘

elfaIQ

• Chingu
    • elfaIQ
Re: [Upcoming SBS-2016] The Beauty of the Beast (Nam Goong Min)
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 06:48:07 pm »

Ha Suk-jin in contention to join Beast’s Beauty

Well, so far so good: SBS’s Beast’s Beauty just cast Namgoong Min (Remember—Son’s War) to star, and now Ha Suk-jin (D-Day) is up to play his half-brother.

The producers, who previously collaborated on Girl Who Sees Smells, initially got the green light for a drama about idol producers titled Dance With You, but have since revamped their concept. Or maybe it’s more accurate to say they completely chucked it and started over with a page-one rewrite, since the new description has nothing in common with the old one: It centers around one man’s up-and-down life, his love story, and his revenge — but as an upbeat, satisfying romantic comedy.

I don’t know how they’ll achieve so many things, but you know, I’m willing to give it a shot since I like the sound of the disparate parts (and Girl Who Sees Smells was also quirky in its mixing of comedy, mystery, and crime thriller). Namgoong Min plays an ex-convict who went to prison after being wrongly accused, who then becomes a human rights lawyer and even the heir to a chaebol company.

All we know about Ha Suk-jin’s character is that he’s the hero’s half-brother; as they share a mother, I’d say there’s a good chance Ha Suk-jin won’t be a chaebol. (Not that mothers can’t be chaebols, but so often these stories of lost or newly discovered chaebols have a patrilineal bent.)

Baek Jin-hee (My Daughter Geum Sa-wol) is in talks to play the cute, determined young woman who falls into a love triangle with both brothers. (Of course. Why even have two brothers in a drama if you’re not going to make them fight over a woman?)

Beast’s Beauty will broadcast after Mrs. Cop 2 as an SBS weekend drama, and premieres on May 14.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/03/ha-suk-jin-in-contention-to-join-beasts-beauty/#more-112341

YJ's bodyguards 😘😘😘

elfaIQ

• Chingu
    • elfaIQ
Re: [Upcoming SBS-2016] The Beauty of the Beast (Nam Goong Min)
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 04:47:49 pm »

Girl’s Day’s Minah in Talks to Join Namgoong Min in “The Beauty and the Beast”
an0ya April 8, 2016

Girl’s Day‘s Minah is considering joining the cast of SBS‘ upcoming weekend rom-com “The Beauty and the Beast” starring Namgoong Min.

Her agency Dream Tea Entertainment revealed on April 8, “Minah has received an offer to appear on ‘The Beauty and the Beast.’ The negotiations are still ongoing, but we looking over the offer rather positively. We plan to make the final decision next week.”

Minah is in talks for the role of Gong Shim, a relentless young woman trying to find her place in the exhaustingly competitive job market. Acress Baek Jin Hee previously turned down her offer for the same role.

Written by the creator of “The Girl Who Can See Smells,” “The Beauty and the Beast” is expected to premiere on May 14 after “Mrs. Cop 2” ends its run.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/08/girls-days-minah-in-talks-to-join-namgoong-min-in-the-beauty-and-the-beast/

YJ's bodyguards 😘😘😘

elfaIQ

• Chingu
    • elfaIQ
Re: [Upcoming SBS-2016] The Beauty of the Beast (Nam Goong Min, Minah)
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 07:41:19 pm »

Girl’s Day’s Minah Takes on First Lead Drama Role Opposite Namgoong Min

It’s confirmed.

Girl’s Day Minah will starring opposite actor Namgoong Min in the upcoming weekend rom-com “Beast’s Beauty.” The drama draws a tale of the ups and downs of four young women and men: one sister who has both looks and talent, her younger sister who has nothing but a kind heart, one man who is poor and has to live in rooftop studio but is more charming the more you get to know him, and another “dandy” man who is part of a chaebol family.

Minah takes on the role of Gong Shim, the lead female character of the drama. She commented, “Although I am lacking, I want to relay to the character of Gong Shim to the audience. While I feel a lot of pressure because it’s my first lead role, I feel well supported because I can work with a good staff and colleagues. I will approach the project with the attitude of a diligently learning actor. Please look forward to ‘Beast’s Beauty’.”

“Beast’s Beauty” is written by the creator of “The Girl Who Can See Smells” and is expected to premiere on May 14 after “Mrs. Cop 2” ends its run on SBS.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/12/girls-days-minah-takes-on-first-lead-drama-role-opposite-namgoong-min/

YJ's bodyguards 😘😘😘

whatea

• Senior Sailor
  • Keong: 8
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 05:26:22 am »

Hmm Minah ya? Dr 3 dramanya yg prnh gw tonton aktingnya msh so so, aman gak mau kelihatan jelek :) tp ya not bad sih. Tp gap umurnya lmyn jauh ma Namgoong Min.

SoSoo couple
cr: PDnote SBS

PengenjadiSW

• Penyelam Unggul
  • Keong: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 11:26:37 am »

lol ngakak ternyata ada nama 'minah' juga ya di korea

elfaIQ

• Chingu
    • elfaIQ
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 02:14:27 pm »

Casting complete for cheery weekend romance Beast’s Beauty

Some early names ended up bowing out, but the casting is now set for SBS’s lighthearted weekend romantic comedy Beast’s Beauty, which earlier cast Namgoong Min (Remember—Son’s War) to headline, marking a departure from his recent scene-stealing turns as villainous second leads.

Baek Jin-hee had been considering the lead role of the plucky heroine, but she bowed out and idol singer Minah of Girl’s Day (Sweet Savage Family) was courted to take the part; Minah has since confirmed. (I don’t get it. This casting confuses me.)

Joining them now are two additions: Ohn Joo-wan (Village: Secret of Achiara) will be playing the role previously considered by Ha Suk-jin of the hero’s chaebol half-brother, while Seo Hyo-rim (Endless Love) will play Minah’s older sister. The drama is described as a cheerful rom-com centering around four leads experiencing the ups and downs of youth and getting entangled together in romance. Lemme guess: a set of siblings falls in love with another set of siblings? In the most dramatically complicated way possible?

I’m encouraged by the fact that the show is being described as upbeat and light, which takes the edge off the serious-sounding premise: A wrongfully accused, tough-fighting hero goes to prison, seeks revenge, and becomes a human rights lawyer and chaebol heir. With so many revenges in dramaland right now, I don’t mind one of them taking a lighter approach and giving us a broader tonal range.

Ohn Joo-wan is a casting I can get behind, since I do really like Ohn’s ability to be stern and intense one moment, and smiley and boyish the next; his character is called both “the most perfect man in the world” and “a tragic prince,” although I expect it to be more like tragic-lite. Seo Hyo-rim is also described as perfect, being blessed with good looks and smarts as the competent unni, while Minah is the the younger sister has a good heart and… let’s just say she has a good heart, ’cause it sounds like that’s really the one thing she’s got. (I’m still confused as to how you cast a drama where Minah beats out Baek Jin-hee or Seo Hyo-rim as the lead, but like I said, I don’t get it.)

Beast’s Beauty will follow Mrs. Cop 2 and premieres on May 14

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/04/casting-complete-for-cheery-weekend-romance-beasts-beauty/

@kak what
Udah seneng ditawarin ke BJH dan akhirnya berlabuh ke Minah hmmm agak worried juga sih
Yah moga bisa ngimbangin abang NGM huhu
Tp ada senengnya sih ketambahan OJW haha

@pengen
Haha itu cuma penulisannya aja yg digabung, orang sana sih manggilnya min-ah lol

YJ's bodyguards 😘😘😘
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up