;

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: [SBS-2016] Legend of the Blue Sea (Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Min Ho)  (Read 15735 times)

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • Keong: 0
  • lucky lucky
[SBS-2016] Legend of the Blue Sea (Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Min Ho)
« on: January 21, 2016, 04:19:41 pm »

THE LEGEND OF THE BLUE SEA

Drama Profile

Working Title: The Legend of The Blue Sea < 푸른 바다의 전설 >

Genre: romance, fantasy, comedy

Director: Jin Hyeok [Doctor Stranger, The Master's Sun, City Hunter, Shining Inheritance]

Writer: Park Ji Eun [The Producers, My Love From The Star, My Husband Got Family]

Episodes: 20 (tentative)

Network: SBS

Production: Culture Depot

Airing date: 16 November 2016 - 19 January 2017

Filming process: live shooting

Plot Summary

Shim Chung is the world's last mermaid. Her centuries-spanning love has brought her to present-day Seoul in search of the man who saved her in the past and whom she still faithfully loves. Her life is changed after meeting the genius scammer Heo Joon Jae who looks like Kim Dam Ryung, the man who saved her from the fisherman.

Cast

Jun Jihyun / Gianna Jun as Shim Chung
Lee Minho as Kim Dam Ryung
Lee Hee Joon as Jo Nam Doo
Shin Hye Sun as Cha Si Ah
Moon Sori as Ahn Jin Joo
Lee Ji Hoon as Heo Chi Hyun
Shin Won Ho as Tae O
Choi Jung Woo as Heo Il Joong
Hwang Shin Hye as Kang Seo Hee
Park Hae Soo as Hong Dong Pyo
Sung Dong Il as Ma Dae Young
Na Young Hee as Mo Yoo Ran

cr:dramawiki

News

Lee Min-ho courted by City Hunter PD, You From Another Star writer

Aaaaaaah! I don’t want to count chickens before they’ve hatched because I’m sure Lee Min-ho (Heirs) gets offers to come back to dramaland five times a day, but he’s currently entertaining an offer to headline writer Park Ji-eun’s next drama. He’s not likely to turn down a reunion with his beloved City Hunter PD Jin Hyuk, or the newest drama from the hit writer of You From Another Star, right? He’d be crazypants to say no, especially when this project would likely be his last before heading to army.

The new drama doesn’t even have a name, but it’s the highly anticipated new series from writer Park Ji-eun of The Producers and You From Another Star, and her re-team with PD Jin Hyuk of Master’s Sun and Doctor Stranger, which means it’ll be over at SBS. It was hinted at as just a rumor last summer, but I’m ecstatic to hear that the project is taking off.

All we know for now is that it’ll be a romantic comedy, which is even more cause for celebration. Lee Min-ho hasn’t done a rom-com since Personal Taste in 2010, and I could really use a light, lovable character to wash away the memory of Heirs. It would in all likelihood be his final project before army duty, and probably cutting it close at that, depending on the broadcast. He’s considering favorably for now.

In the meantime, Lee has his pan-Asian blockbuster Bounty Hunters on the way, and writer Park Ji-eun and PD Jin Hyuk’s new drama is being planned for sometime this year. I know he hasn’t even signed on yet, but who do you suppose should co-star as his leading lady?

cr:dramabeans
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:43:17 pm by windparis »

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
Re: [Upcoming-2016] Park Ji Eun dramas courting Lee Min Ho
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 04:21:13 pm »

Lee Min Hoo.....!! You From Another Star writer !! yeey

sweetflinn

• Penyelam Unggul
  • Keong: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 04:41:10 pm »

yeeeeyyyy....wah wind dah cepet aja nih bikin tretnya hehehehheh, thanks yah win, semoga uri minho beneran terima project baru ini, kangennnnn

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 07:24:03 pm »

iya udah kangen sama lee min ho..apalagi ini dramanya sebelum dia wamil..penasaran..

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 09:28:01 am »

You From Another Star and Producer Screenwriter Courting Lee Min Ho for Upcoming Rom-com Drama

I was hoping the same for Lee Seung Gi, who is enlisting in T-minus 10 days, but it looks like Lee Min Ho will be the 87er who will do a major K-drama swan song before he enlists later this year. Lee Min Ho is being courted for screenwriter Park Ji Eun‘s next drama, which continues her highly anticipated reputation after delivering the mega-hit You From the Stars followed by the less successful but still buzzy Producer. I’m still surprised she turned out to be such an influential screenwriter now, but then again she was unexpectedly awesome in her first penned drama Queen of Housewives.

The new drama doesn’t have a name yet but has a genre – it’ll be a rom-com, folks! That’s going to make folks clamoring for more rom-coms happy, but Lee Min Ho really isn’t the king of rom-coms any way one looks at it. Heirs isn’t a rom-com (lol not by a long shot), Boys Before Flowers is a school yard Candy fantasy, and only Personal Taste was supposed to be a rom-com and was a painfully dull one at that. I know more fans who like Lee Min Ho thanks to action City Hunter or fantasy sageuk Faith. With that said, I’m game for a Park Ji Eun-Lee Min Ho collaboration, especially thrown on top is news that the drama is being directed by PD Jin Hyuk who did City Hunter, The Master’s Sun, and Dr. Stranger.

No word on when the drama will air or which channel it’ll air on, but PD Jin works exclusively with SBS these days, and Lee Min Ho’s last three dramas were on SBS, so it might land there. But Park Ji Eun’s written dramas for all three networks, and with this being so high profile right off the bat there might be scrambling behind the scenes to land it. It’s certainly rocketed up my radar on Lee Min Ho’s name alone. I just pray to the drama gods he doesn’t play the same tsundere/chaebol/arrogant type he’s always playing in modern dramas. Make him a loser or a beta-male, anything to change up his image and challenge his acting.

cr:koalasplayground

sweetflinn

• Penyelam Unggul
[Upcoming-2016] Legend of the Blue Sea (Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Min Ho)
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 02:22:01 pm »

It was reported earlier this year that Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho were considering roles in Park Ji Eun’s new drama.

Park Ji Eun wrote the drama “My Love From The Star,” which stars Jun Ji Hyun and is highly popular in China. Her new project is tentatively titled “Legend of the Blue Sea” and reportedly stars Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho.

A representative of the production company said on May 30, “After working out some final details, the official announcement will be sometime this week.” The representative claimed that the two actors had met with Park Ji Eun and come to an agreement.

With such big names attached to the project, the drama is inciting high interest from famous Chinese broadcasters. One company has offered $500,000 for the licensing rights while the production company has hinted that the rights may go for as high as $600,000.

“Descendants of the Sun” currently holds the record for the highest selling price at $270,000.

“Legend of the Blue Sea (working title)” is based on Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale “The Little Mermaid.”

credit : soompi
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:24:39 pm by sweetflinn »

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 02:46:03 pm »

Jun Ji Hyun And Lee Min Ho’s Potential Drama Selling Rights to China At Record-Breaking Price

It was reported earlier this year that Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho were considering roles in Park Ji Eun’s new drama.

Park Ji Eun wrote the drama “My Love From The Star,” which stars Jun Ji Hyun and is highly popular in China. Her new project is tentatively titled “Legend of the Blue Sea” and reportedly stars Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho.

A representative of the production company said on May 30, “After working out some final details, the official announcement will be sometime this week.” The representative claimed that the two actors had met with Park Ji Eun and come to an agreement.

cr:soompi

With such big names attached to the project, the drama is inciting high interest from famous Chinese broadcasters. One company has offered $500,000 for the licensing rights while the production company has hinted that the rights may go for as high as $600,000.

“Descendants of the Sun” currently holds the record for the highest selling price at $270,000.

“Legend of the Blue Sea (working title)” is based on Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale “The Little Mermaid.”

sweetflinn

• Penyelam Unggul
Re: [Upcoming-2016] Legend of the Blue Sea (Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Min Ho)
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 03:00:47 pm »

wakks lupa windparis dah bikin tretnya, momod gimana cara delete tret ini?

yare

• Chingu
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 04:43:36 pm »

Gilingan nih drama blm mulai aja harga jualnya udh ckckck... Gak heran sih sekelas aktris junjihyun... Aktor paling populer di china lee min hoo dan screpwriter yg dramanya msh paling banyak di tonton di china you come from the star.... Bau2 suksesnya udh kerasa blm lg projek terakhir si minho sblm wamil.... Sbs bakal abis2an nih... Dan kl tayang tahun ini kebayang dong sbs award 2016 ky mana jdny... Junjihyun, kim ah jong, gong hyo iin, park shin hye, park min yong, iu, itu bru deretan yg cewe

sweetflinn

• Penyelam Unggul
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 05:17:11 pm »

Actors Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun have officially confirmed their appearance in writer Park Ji Eun’s new drama.

Although news has been coming out as if it was confirmed previously, it was mostly from the mouths of industry insiders. Now there is actual confirmation from the drama’s production company, as well as a schedule and broadcasting station.

The drama, with the working title “Legend of the Blue Sea,” will star Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun, airing on SBS, Wednesdays and Thursdays, starting in November. It is slated to premiere after the end of “Incarnation of Envy.” The drama is a fantasy romance, taking its motif from the mermaid/merman story in Korea’s first historical (romance) storybook. In the Joseon-era storybook, it is recorded that real-life figure Kim Dam Nyeong returned mermaids/mermen that were caught fisherman back to the sea.

Writer Park Ji Eun previously wrote the hit drama “My Love From My Star,” which also starred Jun Ji Hyun, working alongside Kim Soo Hyun. The director of the new drama is Jin Hyuk, who has worked with Lee Min Ho in the past on “City Hunter.”

The production company, Culture Depot, stated, “From the beginning stages, writer Park Ji Eun created characters matching Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, thinking of them as the best couple. The lead actors also decided to work on the drama because they believe in the writer and the director. You can look forward to their chemistry, which will be beyond one’s imagination.”

credit : soompi
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:19:13 pm by sweetflinn »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Up