;

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: [SBS-2016] Legend of the Blue Sea (Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Min Ho)  (Read 16972 times)

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • Keong: 0
  • lucky lucky
Re: [Upcoming-2016] Legend of the Blue Sea (Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Min Ho)
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2016, 03:48:44 pm »

Lee Hee-joon joins Lee Min-ho as a con artist for Legend of the Blue Sea

Aw yay, I really like Lee Hee-joon (Yoo-na’s Street, SORI: Voice From the Heart), so I’m pleased to hear he’s joining Jeon Ji-hyun (You From Another Star) and Lee Min-ho (Heirs) in their upcoming big-buzz project, Legend of the Blue Sea. He has met with the team and given his verbal agreement, and final details of his contract are currently being worked out.

This is the drama reteaming Jeon with her You From Another Star writer (Park Ji-eun) and Lee with his City Hunter PD (Jin Hyuk), which positions it to become one the biggest-hyped dramas of the year. Whether it becomes the biggest hit remains to be seen, but the production has certainly stacked the deck in its favor.

The script has not come out yet so details are still thin, but we do know that it’s based on a folktale of a mermaid. Contrary to earlier reports that it was based on the famous Little Mermaid fairy tale (by Hans Christian Andersen), the drama is actually taking a different source as its inspiration: Eouyadam, or Eou’s Unofficial Histories, Korea’s very first collection of folktales dating back to the 16th century.

The mermaid story from that collection that forms the basis of this fantasy-melo romance is based on a real-life figure, governor Kim Dam-ryung; it was recorded that he returned to the sea a mermaid caught by a fisherman.

In the drama, Lee Hee-joon will play a scam artist who speaks in a thick saturi accent, and he guides hero Lee Min-ho along in taking the con artist’s path. They’ll form a trio of scammers in total, and PD Jin Hyuk is reportedly auditioning rookie actors from every agency for the last role. Jeon Ji-hyun will, obviously, play the mermaid role. (Or is that not obvious? Am I dashing anyone’s hopes of seeing Lee Min-ho in a fish tail and seashells?)

Legend of the Blue Sea is set to be a Wednesday-Thursday SBS drama, to follow rom-com Incarnation of Jealousy, which follows currently airing thriller Wanted.

source:dramabeans

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 07:06:54 am »

Shin joins the con artists in Legend of the Blue Sea

Another addition has been announced for fantasy-romance Legend of the Blue Sea, one of the big buzz projects of the fall season, which stars Jeon Ji-hyun (You From Another Star) and Lee Min-ho (Heirs). It’s been a couple years since I’ve seen Cross Gene idol-actor Shin (Shin Won-ho) onscreen (in 2012’s Big), and now he’s coming back to dramaland to play a genius hacker (is there any other kind? Though now that I think of it, I’d like to see a drama employ a bumbling hacker at least once).

He’ll join Lee Min-ho and Lee Hee-joon (Yoo-na’s Street) on their con artist team; it’s the role that was auditioning rookie actors recently, and I suppose Shin still qualifies as one even though he debuted five years ago. I still remember him as Little Gong Yoo in Big, even if he spent most of that drama unconscious; I recall liking him in that role, so I’ll look forward to the con artist lineup.

Legend of the Blue Sea is a fantasy romance based on an old folktale of a fisherman who caught a mermaid, and the governor who returned her to the sea. Lee Min-ho actually will be playing two separate characters in the drama; one is a Joseon-era nobleman’s son, while the other is a master con artist in Seoul. Hm, that’s interesting — I’d thought Legend of the Blue Sea would be a modern-day drama, but now I’m picturing the inclusion of sageuk elements into the main storyline, a la You From Another Star and its Joseon-era segments.

Jeon Ji-hyun plays a mermaid who comes to Seoul, and she’s named Shim Chung — that has to be a nod to the famous folktale character, often upheld as the pinnacle of filial piety for her self-sacrificing spirit. (I’d love it if that naming were ironic, since Jeon’s brand of sass and comic hauteur are the total opposite of Shim Chung’s sweet, righteous image. Or maybe it’s a nod to the way Shim Chung threw herself into the sea to save her father?)

The two leads reportedly left for foreign location shoots last week; they’ll film in Palau first, followed by Spain shoots in September. The drama, which is written by You From Another Star’s Park Ji-eun and directed by Master’s Sun’s and City Hunter’s PD Jin Hyuk, will be a Wednesday-Thursday drama following Incarnation of Jealousy. It airs on SBS in November.

source :dramabeans

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 07:09:08 am »

Shin Hye-sun follows Five Kids with Legend of the Blue Sea

We’ve got another addition to the SBS buzz project Legend of the Blue Sea, otherwise known as “That Jeon Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho Show, Brought to You by the City Hunter Director and You From Another Star Writer.” Sold, sold, sold, and sold. I’m sure there’s a plot and everything, but there’s so much star power there that the hype is expected, inevitable, and perhaps even justified.

With mega-star headliners Jeon Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho in place, casting is continuing on to supporting players, with Lee Hee-joon (Yoo-na’s Street) recently being added and now Shin Hye-sun as well. Shin had small supporting roles in Oh My Ghostess (as the hero’s sweet wheelchair-bound sister) and She Was Pretty (as a cute and materialistic magazine writer), but it’s really her current role in KBS’s weekend drama Five Kids that’s given her a surge of popularity, thanks to her crowd-pleaser of a romance with Sung Hoon.

Legend of the Blue Sea will be a fantasy romance that is inspired by a folktale of a mermaid who was caught by a fisherman and the governor who returned her to the sea. The drama will take elements of the original Joseon-era tale and set it in modern-day Korea, with Jeon Ji-hyun playing a mermaid who comes to the city, where she meets “the wickedest con artist around” (Lee Min-ho) and ends up falling in love with him. Hm, I knew he was a con artist, but the wickedest-on-earth descriptor is new and interesting — I’m used to seeing Lee Min-ho playing reserved or aloof, but I’m not used to con artist charisma or blatant charm from him. It’d be a nice change of pace, and I’m intrigued.

Lee Hee-joon is set to play another con artist who initially guides Lee Min-ho, while Shin Hye-sun will play Lee Min-ho’s university hoobae who’s now a researcher at KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology). The character is pretty, smart, and logical, and displays a lot of affection for weak and powerless people and animals. Does that extend to people-animals like mermaids who steal away her sunbae’s heart?

Shin Hye-sun will start work on Legend of the Blue Sea immediately after wrapping up work on Five Kids. This will be a Wednesday-Thursday drama premiering in November, which follows Gong Hyo-jin and Jo Jung-seok’s Jealousy Incarnate, which follows Wanted.

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 07:12:14 am »

Mermaid-sellers and cast reunions lined up for Legend of the Blue Sea

Legend of the Blue Sea is the modern retelling of a Joseon classic fable about a mermaid caught by a fisherman, who was then saved and released back into the ocean. In the new drama, a mermaid struggling to adapt to human life in Seoul and a cynical con artist meet and fall in love. With the main cast now confirmed, the production team for the much-anticipated SBS fantasy romance drama is seriously getting down to business.

There’s been a flurry of casting, and it’s hard getting everything straight especially with so many talented names being thrown about. Of course, we have Lee Min-ho (Heirs) and Jeon Ji-hyun (You From Another Star) as our main leads. They have already headed to the Palau Archipelago to start filming their underwater scenes.

From the start, Writer Park Ji-eun (You From Another Star, Producer) reportedly had these two actors in mind when she wrote the script. She also called longtime friend Na Young-hee (Lucky Romance) to come join her in Legend of the Blue Sea. The actress has confirmed and this will be her fifth project with Writer Park, and her second project with Jeon Ji-hyun. They played the epitome of a comical bickering mother-daughter pair in You From Another Star.

In addition, veteran actress Hwang Shin-hye (Passionate Love), who can usually be seen in weekend makjangs and tearful melodramas, has received the script for the series and is positively reviewing it. Likewise, Sung Dong-il (Pied Piper, Answer Me 1988) is currently in negotiations to join the cast. For the first time in a long while, our neighborhood ajusshi may play the bad guy, who wants to sell the mermaid to the highest bidder.

Two other heavyweight talents who have confirmed are Lee Hee-joon (Yoo-na’s Street) and Moon Sori (Golden Age of My Life). Recently, both have been deeply steeped in the Chungmuro world, and so Legend of the Blue Sea will be their comeback to the small screen. Young rising actors Shin Hye-sun (Five Kids) and Lee Ji-hoon (Mirror of the Witch) have also joined the cast as supporting characters.

Wednesday-Thursday SBS drama Legend of the Blue Sea starts airing this November, after rom-com Jealousy Incarnate finishes its run.

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2016, 07:13:37 am »

Moon Sori added to fantasy romance Legend of the Blue Sea

As if the Jeon Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho vehicle were lacking in A-list wattage, acclaimed film actress Moon Sori will be taking a supporting role in Legend of the Blue Sea, joining Shin Hye-sun (Five Kids) and Lee Hee-joon (Yoo-na’s Street). Her role is described simply as that of a “rich wife of Daechi-dong,” an upscale neighborhood of Gangnam district.

This would be her first drama project in three years, and what a project to come back to! Moon had a small albeit unforgettable role in Park Chan-wook’s period drama-revenge thriller Agasshi, which captivated audiences at Cannes this year. Her last TV project was the 2013 MBC drama special Haneuljae’s Murder, but she hasn’t been in a full-length drama since 2008’s Golden Age of My Life.

The hype continues to mount for Legend of the Blue Sea written by My Love from Another Star scribe Park Ji-eun, with City Hunter PD Jin Hyuk signed on to direct. Based on a mermaid story from Korea’s earliest collection of folktales, but set in modern-day Korea, Jeon Ji-hyun will play the mermaid opposite Lee Min-ho’s con artist. Park had the two charismatic leads in mind while writing the story so here’s to hoping there’s more than enough fodder for amazing performances all around, on land and sea.

Legend of the Blue Sea will be a Wednesday-Thursday drama premiering in November on SBS, the follow-up to rom-com Jealousy Incarnate starring Gong Hyo-jin and Jo Jung-seok.

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 07:14:42 am »

Lee Ji-hoon as Lee Min-ho’s half-brother in Legend of the Blue Sea

And the star-studded lineup continues with the addition of hot rising actor Lee Ji-hoon (Mirror of the Witch), who just confirmed his role in SBS’s fantasy-romance series Legend of the Blue Sea.

He is set to play Heo Chi-hyun, the half-brother to Lee Min-ho’s Heo Joon-jae; he’s the hardworking son who dutifully stayed by his father’s side after his brother Joon-jae left home. Described as being a “cold-hearted fellow,” Lee will hopefully shine in this role, as he has in his recent work.

Lee Ji-hoon made his drama debut in School 2013 with subsequent supporting roles in You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin and Six Flying Dragons, among others. He most recently touched the hearts of viewers with his stirring portrayal of King Seonjo in JTBC’s Mirror of the Witch. His impressive range was on full display as a young monarch struggling to lead his country while fighting emotional and physical calamities.

Fantasy-romance drama Legend of the Blue Sea is writer Park Ji-eun’s hotly anticipated follow-up to her smash hit My Love from Another Star. It is based on an early Korean mermaid folktale about a fisherman — who actually existed in real life! — and the mermaid he sent back into the sea. Jeon Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho are the main leads.

Is the amount of star power to your fancy yet?

Legend of the Blue Sea will premiere in November on SBS, right after Jealousy Incarnate.

Bukan_Superhero

• Chingu
  • Keong: -4
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2016, 12:56:37 pm »

Kapan rilis nih ;D

sweetflinn

• Penyelam Unggul
  • Keong: 3
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 06:29:57 pm »

kalo sesuai jadwal, minggu ke dua bulan november dah tayang, pengganti Jeolousy Incarnate

sisilia_sasuke

• Chingu
  • Keong: -1
  • An ANTIFANS So don't mess with meh
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 08:44:03 pm »

Yank inieh bukan yachhh buahahaha..geli abis.. wakaka..klw fantasy china jagonya lah..msg2 udh punya lapak.

Tp msh mending drpd duyung indonesia wakakak klau versi indo lbh miriip emak tuyul drpd mermaid

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:51:15 pm by sisilia_sasuke »

Kasianin gw gapunya tontonan seru..hiks.

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2016, 06:57:02 am »

Yank inieh bukan yachhh buahahaha..geli abis.. wakaka..klw fantasy china jagonya lah..msg2 udh punya lapak.

Tp msh mending drpd duyung indonesia wakakak klau versi indo lbh miriip emak tuyul drpd mermaid

ngarep banget kita min ho yg jadi mermaid  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up