;

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Helpful articles for writers  (Read 10824 times)

Alpha_Serpentwitch

• Cabin Crew
  • Keong: 0
  • Serpent Pro
    • dengardengar
Re: Helpful articles for writers
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:10:01 am »

Another article! Bagian yang ini lebih ke arah untuk motivasi aja hehe. Just some encouraging article to keep you writing. [thumbsup]

=======================================================================================================

How to write a novel in 100 days

by John Coyne

How many times have you finished reading a novel and said, “I could have written that book.” You know what? You’re right. All of us, I believe, carry at least one novel around in our heads or our hearts. Novelist Toni Morrison put it this way: “If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”

Writing a book is no easy task. Nevertheless, every day another book is published.

In 1996, according to Books in Print, 1.3 million book titles were in print. The number of books published in 1996 alone was 140,000 in the United States. So, why not you?

What you need

I believe that if you can write a simple English sentence (after all, that’s what Ernest Hemingway wrote), are alert to the world around you, and want to write a salable novel — really want to, not just kind of want to — then you can do it. I don’t think anybody ever became a writer by going to a workshop, reading a book, or even reading this article. Writing comes from something internal in a writer. However, this article will save you time, point you in the right direction, and help you write a novel in 100 days or less.

Possible?
It works. I’ve done it myself several times.

I know what it means to squeeze in an hour or two a day (or night) of writing. It is not easy to write a novel, not when you have a full time job, family, and responsibilities, but it can be done. Most writers, in fact, have had to carry on two lives while they wrote their novel. But once you sell your first book, than maybe you’ll be in the position to quit your day job and devote the rest of your life to writing full time.

Great writers have done it
Yes, you have a job. Yes, you have a family. Neither have stopped great writers in the past. The poet Wallace Stevens was a vice president of an insurance company and an expert on the bond market. The young T.S. Eliot was a banker. William Carlos Williams was a pediatrician. Robert Frost was a poultry farmer. Hart Crane packed candy in his father’s warehouse, and later wrote advertising copy. Stephen Crane was a war correspondent. Marianne Moore worked at the New York Public Library. James Dickey worked for an advertising agency. Archibald MacLeish was Director of the Office of Facts and Figures during World War II.

Drawing from pure emotion
What makes a writer? Perhaps it is a single incident — one that happens early in life and shapes the writer’s sense of wonder and self-awareness.

Take the case of José Saramago, the first Portuguese-language writer to receive the Nobel Prize in Literature. The son of a peasant father and an illiterate mother, brought up in a home with no books, he took almost 40 years to go from metalworker to civil servant to editor in a publishing house to newspaper editor. He was 60 before he earned recognition at home and abroad with Baltasar and Blimunda.

As a child, he spent vacations with his grandparents in a village called Azinhaga. When his grandfather suffered a stroke and was to be taken to Lisbon for treatment, Saramago recalls, "He went into the yard of his house, where there were a few trees, fig trees, olive trees. And he went one by one, embracing the trees and crying, saying good-bye to them because he knew he would not return. To see this, to live this, if that doesn’t mark you for the rest of your life," Saramago says, "you have no feeling."

Begin with that pure emotion. Turn it into prose.

Let us begin
Sinclair Lewis was invited to talk to some students about the writer’s craft. He stood at the head of the class and asked, “How many of you here are really serious about being writers?” A sea of hands shot up. Lewis then asked, “Well, why aren't you all home writing?” And with that he walked out of the room.

So now it is time for you to be writing.

What follows is your daily log — each day may have words of encouragement, advice, or wisdom or a task for you to do to get your book written. It is what you need to do each day for the next hundred days to write your novel.

======================================================================
Untuk hal 100 harinya, jauh lebih menarik kalau baca langsung disini. Menarik loh, coba dulu de hehe...  ;)
http://www.peacecorpswriters.org/pages/depts/resources/resour_writers/100daysbook/day001.html
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:15:41 am by Alpha_Serpentwitch »

rd_Villam

• Cabin Crew
  • Keong: 1
  • I'm just a dreamer.
    • A Wond'rous World Where I'd Like To Be
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 12:01:38 pm »

So, when exactly should we write our 'fantasy world vacation' ?  ??? Kan sayang udah membentuk universe susah payah, disebutkan pun tidak.  :P

hahahah...
begitulah penderitaan penulis fantasi...
sama juga kayak riset, kita jungkir balik belajar macem-macem, ternyata yang bakal ditampilin juga cuman 10% doang.

Alpha_Serpentwitch

• Cabin Crew
  • Serpent Pro
    • dengardengar
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 11:02:12 am »

Hallo all ! Kali ini gw bukan membawa artikel untuk dibaca melainkan membawa ujian untuk dikerjakan! Dan ujian ini khusus untuk penulis fantasy!

Ohohoho but fear not, ujiannya santai dan bisa bikin ketawa juga kok  :P

Berapa poin kah yg membuat anda tersentil dan ragu2 utk menjawab ? hehehe....

(note, komen dalam tanda kurung cuma jawaban dr gw, sekedar untuk joke hehe)

============================================================================

Ever since J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis created the worlds of Middle Earth and Narnia, it seems like every windbag off the street thinks he can write great, original fantasy, too. The problem is that most of this "great, original fantasy" is actually poor, derivative fantasy. Frankly, we're sick of it, so we've compiled a list of rip-off tip-offs in the form of an exam. We think anybody considering writing a fantasy novel should be required to take this exam first. Answering "yes" to any one question results in failure and means that the prospective novel should be abandoned at once.

The Exam

1. Does nothing happen in the first fifty pages?
   (uhh... finding fullberr?  :D)

2. Is your main character a young farmhand with mysterious parentage?

3. Is your main character the heir to the throne but doesn't know it?

4. Is your story about a young character who comes of age, gains great power, and defeats the supreme badguy?
   (uhh...)
5. Is your story about a quest for a magical artifact that will save the world?

6. How about one that will destroy it?

7. Does your story revolve around an ancient prophecy about "The One" who will save the world and everybody and all the forces of good?
   (the opposite actually :P)
8. Does your novel contain a character whose sole purpose is to show up at random plot points and dispense information?

9. Does your novel contain a character that is really a god in disguise?
    (ok2 -__- I'll erase him for good)
10.Is the evil supreme badguy secretly the father of your main character?

11.Is the king of your world a kindly king duped by an evil magician?

12.Does "a forgetful wizard" describe any of the characters in your novel?

13.How about "a powerful but slow and kind-hearted warrior"?

14.How about "a wise, mystical sage who refuses to give away plot details for his own personal, mysterious reasons"?

15.Do the female characters in your novel spend a lot of time worrying about how they look, especially when the male main character is around?

16.Do any of your female characters exist solely to be captured and rescued?

17.Do any of your female characters exist solely to embody feminist ideals?

18.Would "a clumsy cooking wench more comfortable with a frying pan than a sword" aptly describe any of your female characters?

19.Would "a fearless warrioress more comfortable with a sword than a frying pan" aptly describe any of your female characters?

20.Is any character in your novel best described as "a dour dwarf"?

23.How about "a half-elf torn between his human and elven heritage"?

24.Did you make the elves and the dwarves great friends, just to be different?

25.Does everybody under four feet tall exist solely for comic relief?

26.Do you think that the only two uses for ships are fishing and piracy?

27.Do you not know when the hay baler was invented?
    (I don't even know what 'hay baler' is)
28.Did you draw a map for your novel which includes places named things like "The Blasted Lands" or "The Forest of Fear" or "The Desert of Desolation" or absolutely anything "of Doom"?
    (Ups, luckily I've erased that 'forest of the dead' parts  :-[)
29.Does your novel contain a prologue that is impossible to understand until you've read the entire book, if even then?
    (...ugh...yes?)
30.Is this the first book in a planned trilogy?
    No, this is the first book in a planned triple trilogy (9 books)  :D
31.How about a quintet or a decalogue?

32.Is your novel thicker than a New York City phone book?
    (That's why I separate it into 9 books)  ;D
33.Did absolutely nothing happen in the previous book you wrote, yet you figure you're still many sequels away from finishing your "story"?

34.Are you writing prequels to your as-yet-unfinished series of books?
    (hehe... I guess so) ;D
35.Is your name Robert Jordan and you lied like a dog to get this far?
    (-___-)
36.Is your novel based on the adventures of your role-playing group?

37.Does your novel contain characters transported from the real world to a fantasy realm?
    (Never, this is the fantasy type that I hate most!  [ranting])
38.Do any of your main characters have apostrophes or dashes in their names?

39.Do any of your main characters have names longer than three syllables?

40.Do you see nothing wrong with having two characters from the same small isolated village being named "Tim Umber" and "Belthusalanthalus al'Grinsok"?

41.Does your novel contain orcs, elves, dwarves, or halflings?
    (Halflings, yes, as original as I can off course)
42.How about "orken" or "dwerrows"?
    (Ahahahah! I laughed at this one)
43.Do you have a race prefixed by "half-"?

44.At any point in your novel, do the main characters take a shortcut through ancient dwarven mines?

45.Do you write your battle scenes by playing them out in your favorite RPG?

46.Have you done up game statistics for all of your main characters in your favorite RPG?
    (I used to do that hehe)
47.Are you writing a work-for-hire for Wizards of the Coast?

48.Do inns in your book exist solely so your main characters can have brawls?
    (...yes?)
49.Do you think you know how feudalism worked but really don't?

50.Do your characters spend an inordinate amount of time journeying from place to place?

51.Could one of your main characters tell the other characters something that would really help them in their quest but refuses to do so just so it won't break the plot?

52.Do any of the magic users in your novel cast spells easily identifiable as "fireball" or "lightning bolt"?
    (never. Hate that a lot)
53.Do you ever use the term "mana" in your novel?

54.Do you ever use the term "plate mail" in your novel?

55.Heaven help you, do you ever use the term "hit points" in your novel?
    (Ahahahah! lol)
56.Do you not realize how much gold actually weighs?

57.Do you think horses can gallop all day long without rest?

58.Does anybody in your novel fight for two hours straight in full plate armor, then ride a horse for four hours, then delicately make love to a willing barmaid all in the same day?
    (omg  :o)
59.Does your main character have a magic axe, hammer, spear, or other weapon that returns to him when he throws it?

60.Does anybody in your novel ever stab anybody with a scimitar?

61.Does anybody in your novel stab anybody straight through plate armor?

62.Do you think swords weigh ten pounds or more? [info]

63.Does your hero fall in love with an unattainable woman, whom he later attains?

64.Does a large portion of the humor in your novel consist of puns?
    (what is 'puns'?  ???)
65.Is your hero able to withstand multiple blows from the fantasy equivalent of a ten pound sledge but is still threatened by a small woman with a dagger?

66.Do you really think it frequently takes more than one arrow in the chest to kill a man?

67.Do you not realize it takes hours to make a good stew, making it a poor choice for an "on the road" meal?

68.Do you have nomadic barbarians living on the tundra and consuming barrels and barrels of mead?

69.Do you think that "mead" is just a fancy name for "beer"?
    (I thought so...)
70.Does your story involve a number of different races, each of which has exactly one country, one ruler, and one religion?
    ( :-X Uhh... anything wrong with that?)
71.Is the best organized and most numerous group of people in your world the thieves' guild?

72.Does your main villain punish insignificant mistakes with death?

73.Is your story about a crack team of warriors that take along a bard who is useless in a fight, though he plays a mean lute?

74.Is "common" the official language of your world?

75.Is the countryside in your novel littered with tombs and gravesites filled with ancient magical loot that nobody thought to steal centuries before?

76.Is your book basically a rip-off of The Lord of the Rings?
    (hmmm.... I can't say yes... yet I can' say no too.... :-X)

===================================================================================

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

rd_Villam

• Cabin Crew
  • I'm just a dreamer.
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 11:28:31 am »

huahahahah!
bagus, dan lucu2 nih pertanyaannya!
nyengir-nyengir ndiri gue di kantor!

rd_Villam

• Cabin Crew
  • I'm just a dreamer.
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 12:10:07 pm »

hmmm... dibanding Gerbang Sungai Tigris, mestinya The Forgotten Heroes gue lebih stereotip. jadi coba gue liat sejauh mana stereotipnya TFH.

The Exam

banyak dong kejadiannya. masa kagak?

2. Is your main character a young farmhand with mysterious parentage?
bukan

3. Is your main character the heir to the throne but doesn't know it?
bukan

4. Is your story about a young character who comes of age, gains great power, and defeats the supreme badguy?
'great power'? kayaknya bukan...

5. Is your story about a quest for a magical artifact that will save the world?
bukan

6. How about one that will destroy it?
bukan

7. Does your story revolve around an ancient prophecy about "The One" who will save the world and everybody and all the forces of good?
bukan

8. Does your novel contain a character whose sole purpose is to show up at random plot points and dispense information?
gak ada kayaknya.

huh? gak ada

10.Is the evil supreme badguy secretly the father of your main character?
hihihi. emang darth vader?

11.Is the king of your world a kindly king duped by an evil magician?
bukan

12.Does "a forgetful wizard" describe any of the characters in your novel?
gak ada

13.How about "a powerful but slow and kind-hearted warrior"?
kayaknya enggak

14.How about "a wise, mystical sage who refuses to give away plot details for his own personal, mysterious reasons"?
ada yang mirip sih... tapi kayaknya gak juga

15.Do the female characters in your novel spend a lot of time worrying about how they look, especially when the male main character is around?
huh? apaan nih?

gak ada. kalo udah ketangkep ya habislah perkara. hahah...

17.Do any of your female characters exist solely to embody feminist ideals?
kayaknya enggak

18.Would "a clumsy cooking wench more comfortable with a frying pan than a sword" aptly describe any of your female characters?
gak ada

19.Would "a fearless warrioress more comfortable with a sword than a frying pan" aptly describe any of your female characters?
gak ada

20.Is any character in your novel best described as "a dour dwarf"?
gak ada

23.How about "a half-elf torn between his human and elven heritage"?
gak ada

24.Did you make the elves and the dwarves great friends, just to be different?
gak ada

25.Does everybody under four feet tall exist solely for comic relief?
gak ada

26.Do you think that the only two uses for ships are fishing and piracy?
emang ada yang laen? wkwkwkwk...

apaan sih 'hay baler'?

28.Did you draw a map for your novel which includes places named things like "The Blasted Lands" or "The Forest of Fear" or "The Desert of Desolation" or absolutely anything "of Doom"?
gak ada

29.Does your novel contain a prologue that is impossible to understand until you've read the entire book, if even then?
waduh. kayaknya nyang ini nih... hahahah...

30.Is this the first book in a planned trilogy?
mmm... trilogi lebih deh... hahah...

31.How about a quintet or a decalogue?
hahahah... yang ini lebih cocok!

32.Is your novel thicker than a New York City phone book?
apa boleh buat! hahah!

33.Did absolutely nothing happen in the previous book you wrote, yet you figure you're still many sequels away from finishing your "story"?
ah. ada dong yang terjadi!

34.Are you writing prequels to your as-yet-unfinished series of books?
prekuel? buset dah.

35.Is your name Robert Jordan and you lied like a dog to get this far?
hahahahahah!

36.Is your novel based on the adventures of your role-playing group?
walah. kagak ah.

37.Does your novel contain characters transported from the real world to a fantasy realm?
kagak

38.Do any of your main characters have apostrophes or dashes in their names?
kagak

39.Do any of your main characters have names longer than three syllables?
kayaknya gak ada

40.Do you see nothing wrong with having two characters from the same small isolated village being named "Tim Umber" and "Belthusalanthalus al'Grinsok"?
hahahah. dan gak ada seorangpun di desa itu yang peduli juga?!

41.Does your novel contain orcs, elves, dwarves, or halflings?
kagak ada.

42.How about "orken" or "dwerrows"?
gak ada

43.Do you have a race prefixed by "half-"?
gak ada

44.At any point in your novel, do the main characters take a shortcut through ancient dwarven mines?
gak ada

45.Do you write your battle scenes by playing them out in your favorite RPG?
kagak

46.Have you done up game statistics for all of your main characters in your favorite RPG?
hahahah. jaman dulu pernah sih.

47.Are you writing a work-for-hire for Wizards of the Coast?
apaan sih?

48.Do inns in your book exist solely so your main characters can have brawls?
abis buat apa lagi dong? haha...

49.Do you think you know how feudalism worked but really don't?
gak ada ttg ini, mestinya...

50.Do your characters spend an inordinate amount of time journeying from place to place?
hmm? kagak

51.Could one of your main characters tell the other characters something that would really help them in their quest but refuses to do so just so it won't break the plot?
gak ada. kalo ada yg kayak gitu, gampar aja tokohnya. wkwkwkwk...

52.Do any of the magic users in your novel cast spells easily identifiable as "fireball" or "lightning bolt"?
kagak ade.

53.Do you ever use the term "mana" in your novel?
gak

54.Do you ever use the term "plate mail" in your novel?
gak ada... eh? ada gak ya?

55.Heaven help you, do you ever use the term "hit points" in your novel?
hahahahah. kagak!

huh? emang berapa?

57.Do you think horses can gallop all day long without rest?
hmm... untung gak ada yg sampe sedetil itu...

58.Does anybody in your novel fight for two hours straight in full plate armor, then ride a horse for four hours, then delicately make love to a willing barmaid all in the same day?
huahahahahah!

59.Does your main character have a magic axe, hammer, spear, or other weapon that returns to him when he throws it?
kagak!

60.Does anybody in your novel ever stab anybody with a scimitar?
huh? scimitar?

61.Does anybody in your novel stab anybody straight through plate armor?
whoa! but i like this! smell of blood! hahah!

62.Do you think swords weigh ten pounds or more? 
berat dong mestinya!

63.Does your hero fall in love with an unattainable woman, whom he later attains?
hmm? kagak.

64.Does a large portion of the humor in your novel consist of puns?
'puns'? ini apa ya? basa slankkah?

65.Is your hero able to withstand multiple blows from the fantasy equivalent of a ten pound sledge but is still threatened by a small woman with a dagger?
hahahah. kagak!

66.Do you really think it frequently takes more than one arrow in the chest to kill a man?
hoho! tapi kan keren tuh!

67.Do you not realize it takes hours to make a good stew, making it a poor choice for an "on the road" meal?
hmm... kayaknya gak ada ttg ini.

68.Do you have nomadic barbarians living on the tundra and consuming barrels and barrels of mead?
hahaha. kayaknya bagus kok. pake ah nanti.

69.Do you think that "mead" is just a fancy name for "beer"?
apaan sih?

70.Does your story involve a number of different races, each of which has exactly one country, one ruler, and one religion?
hahahah. kagak!

71.Is the best organized and most numerous group of people in your world the thieves' guild?
gak ada!

72.Does your main villain punish insignificant mistakes with death?
hmm? kayaknya bukan 'punish'...

73.Is your story about a crack team of warriors that take along a bard who is useless in a fight, though he plays a mean lute?
kagak

74.Is "common" the official language of your world?
huh? 'common'?

75.Is the countryside in your novel littered with tombs and gravesites filled with ancient magical loot that nobody thought to steal centuries before?
gak ada

76.Is your book basically a rip-off of The Lord of the Rings?
bukan

hmm... oke... sejauh ini aman...
gak terlalu banyak stereotipnya.
hahahahahah...

Alpha_Serpentwitch

• Cabin Crew
  • Serpent Pro
    • dengardengar
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 12:33:42 pm »

TFH sih aman... tapi terlalu aman ga bagus juga loh, kesannya 'play safe' hingga ga ada lg yg menarik untuk di'expect'  :)

gak ada. kalo udah ketangkep ya habislah perkara. hahah...

most unrealistic things when beatiful female char gets abducted, captured, and taken hostages so many times yet she still gets back with the 'still pure virgin' status.  :P

apaan sih 'hay baler'?

setelah gw cr di kamus, ternyata artinya karung jerami atau sejenisny. Memang dipake dijaman apa?

huh? emang berapa?

yg pasti sekarung emas lebih berat dr sekarung beras, yg artiny kl ada org jalan jauh sambil bopong sekarung emas itu dia akan tepar di tengah jalan huahua... ;D

(  Uhh... anything wrong with that?)

So far, ini yg paling fatal di Felgirth gw kayanya... walau, kyny enak kl 1 ras punya 1 kerajaan, dewa dan religinya masing2...
Hey, what's bad with that?!  :'(
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 12:35:27 pm by Alpha_Serpentwitch »

clickdian

• Cabin Crew
  • Earthbound, I Am.
    • Rumah dian
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 12:34:41 pm »

The Exam

Uhmm.. ambil Zauri sebagai contoh aja ya.

Udah dunk. Masalah udah ada dari bab pertama.

2. Is your main character a young farmhand with mysterious parentage? young, yes. mysterious parentage, no.

3. Is your main character the heir to the throne but doesn't know it? the heir to the throne but she definitely knows it.

4. Is your story about a young character who comes of age, gains great power, and defeats the supreme badguy? gains great power, no. defeats the supreme badguy, yes.

5. Is your story about a quest for a magical artifact that will save the world? no.

6. How about one that will destroy it? no.

7. Does your story revolve around an ancient prophecy about "The One" who will save the world and everybody and all the forces of good? no, hahaha.. the main character is a half-tomboy princess who accidentally thrown away from her country.

8. Does your novel contain a character whose sole purpose is to show up at random plot points and dispense information? no.

nooo...!

10.Is the evil supreme badguy secretly the father of your main character? they don't even know each other.

11.Is the king of your world a kindly king duped by an evil magician? hmm.. some kinda..

12.Does "a forgetful wizard" describe any of the characters in your novel? no.

13.How about "a powerful but slow and kind-hearted warrior"? one of the character, Zen, probably fit this.

14.How about "a wise, mystical sage who refuses to give away plot details for his own personal, mysterious reasons"? no.

15.Do the female characters in your novel spend a lot of time worrying about how they look, especially when the male main character is around? nooopppee! she's got her life to worried about.

16.Do any of your female characters exist solely to be captured and rescued? captured, but refused to be rescued.

17.Do any of your female characters exist solely to embody feminist ideals? huh? i don't think so.

18.Would "a clumsy cooking wench more comfortable with a frying pan than a sword" aptly describe any of your female characters? not really, all of my female characters can fight, except the fairy.

19.Would "a fearless warrioress more comfortable with a sword than a frying pan" aptly describe any of your female characters? nope.

20.Is any character in your novel best described as "a dour dwarf"? no dwarves.

23.How about "a half-elf torn between his human and elven heritage"? no elves.

24.Did you make the elves and the dwarves great friends, just to be different? i don't have them, and probably won't take them in any of my writings.

25.Does everybody under four feet tall exist solely for comic relief? no.

26.Do you think that the only two uses for ships are fishing and piracy? nggak juga. bisa buat ngangkut pasukan, pedagang, orang pindahan ke pulau sebelah ...

27.Do you not know when the hay baler was invented?  huh? kirain emang udah habit aja. i think it's cultural matter.

28.Did you draw a map for your novel which includes places named things like "The Blasted Lands" or "The Forest of Fear" or "The Desert of Desolation" or absolutely anything "of Doom"? no. i got better names *grin*

29.Does your novel contain a prologue that is impossible to understand until you've read the entire book, if even then? no prologue! i chose to dash off to the problem.

30.Is this the first book in a planned trilogy? no.

31.How about a quintet or a decalogue? >.<  no.

32.Is your novel thicker than a New York City phone book? Tegal's phone book, may be, but NY? fortunately no *laugh*

33.Did absolutely nothing happen in the previous book you wrote, yet you figure you're still many sequels away from finishing your "story"? it's finished.

34.Are you writing prequels to your as-yet-unfinished series of books? no.

35.Is your name Robert Jordan and you lied like a dog to get this far? who the **** is he?

36.Is your novel based on the adventures of your role-playing group? no.

37.Does your novel contain characters transported from the real world to a fantasy realm? no.

38.Do any of your main characters have apostrophes or dashes in their names? no.

39.Do any of your main characters have names longer than three syllables? no.

40.Do you see nothing wrong with having two characters from the same small isolated village being named "Tim Umber" and "Belthusalanthalus al'Grinsok"? Something wrong. Their names are suppose to be have similar type.

41.Does your novel contain orcs, elves, dwarves, or halflings? Never.

42.How about "orken" or "dwerrows"? Again, no.

43.Do you have a race prefixed by "half-"? No.

44.At any point in your novel, do the main characters take a shortcut through ancient dwarven mines? no dwarf, thank you.

45.Do you write your battle scenes by playing them out in your favorite RPG? some. but not all of them.

46.Have you done up game statistics for all of your main characters in your favorite RPG? no.

47.Are you writing a work-for-hire for Wizards of the Coast? no.

48.Do inns in your book exist solely so your main characters can have brawls? hmm.. actually, there's no inn scene.

49.Do you think you know how feudalism worked but really don't?  :D

50.Do your characters spend an inordinate amount of time journeying from place to place? not that much.

51.Could one of your main characters tell the other characters something that would really help them in their quest but refuses to do so just so it won't break the plot? no. she would have done it if she could do that.

*garuk-garuk kepala* kyknya ada api, tapi bukan berbentuk bola dan gak pake mantra segala.

53.Do you ever use the term "mana" in your novel? nope.

54.Do you ever use the term "plate mail" in your novel? what? no.

55.Heaven help you, do you ever use the term "hit points" in your novel? ROTF. what do you think it is, a game?

56.Do you not realize how much gold actually weighs? timbang aja.

57.Do you think horses can gallop all day long without rest? nggak lah!

58.Does anybody in your novel fight for two hours straight in full plate armor, then ride a horse for four hours, then delicately make love to a willing barmaid all in the same day? no plate, no horse, and the only barmaid is a young lady with high pride.. so the answer is no.

59.Does your main character have a magic axe, hammer, spear, or other weapon that returns to him when he throws it? i don't think so.

60.Does anybody in your novel ever stab anybody with a scimitar? scimitar apaan sih? gak ada di kamus tuh..

61.Does anybody in your novel stab anybody straight through plate armor? sekali lagi, gak ada plate armor T_T.

62.Do you think swords weigh ten pounds or more? satu pound berapa kilo sih?  ??? *males mikir mode on*

63.Does your hero fall in love with an unattainable woman, whom he later attains? no.

64.Does a large portion of the humor in your novel consist of puns? kyknya nggak.

65.Is your hero able to withstand multiple blows from the fantasy equivalent of a ten pound sledge but is still threatened by a small woman with a dagger? none of the female characters uses dagger.

66.Do you really think it frequently takes more than one arrow in the chest to kill a man? tergantung. bisa jadi cuma sekarat.

67.Do you not realize it takes hours to make a good stew, making it a poor choice for an "on the road" meal? yeah.

68.Do you have nomadic barbarians living on the tundra and consuming barrels and barrels of mead? no.

69.Do you think that "mead" is just a fancy name for "beer"? hm? any other meaning of it?

70.Does your story involve a number of different races, each of which has exactly one country, one ruler, and one religion? no.

71.Is the best organized and most numerous group of people in your world the thieves' guild? no.

72.Does your main villain punish insignificant mistakes with death?  ??? maksudnyah?

73.Is your story about a crack team of warriors that take along a bard who is useless in a fight, though he plays a mean lute? nggak ada yg bisa maen musik tuh LOL

74.Is "common" the official language of your world? explain the 'common' thing, please.

75.Is the countryside in your novel littered with tombs and gravesites filled with ancient magical loot that nobody thought to steal centuries before? paling satu-dua aja.

76.Is your book basically a rip-off of The Lord of the Rings? No way. enggaklah! Hellooo.. fikfan bukan cuma LOTR! >.<

- Logic will make you go from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere-

rd_Villam

• Cabin Crew
  • I'm just a dreamer.
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 12:41:29 pm »

So far, ini yg paling fatal di Felgirth gw kayanya... walau, kyny enak kl 1 ras punya 1 kerajaan, dewa dan religinya masing2...

itu artinya latar belakang sejarahnya terlalu sederhana. setelah beribu2 tahun, berjuta umat manusia di seluruh dunia hanya punya satu raja dan satu ideologi. kagak ada perpecahan satu pun misalnya.

Alpha_Serpentwitch

• Cabin Crew
  • Serpent Pro
    • dengardengar
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 12:53:49 pm »

itu artinya latar belakang sejarahnya terlalu sederhana. setelah beribu2 tahun, berjuta umat manusia di seluruh dunia hanya punya satu raja dan satu ideologi. kagak ada perpecahan satu pun misalnya.

bukan gitu maksudnya, maksud pertanyaan ini, seperti di Felgirth gw, ada multiple race (orc,elf, etc misalnya) masing2 mendiami teritori tertentu di world map kita, masing2 punya kerajaan sendiri, religi dan dewa tertentu yg mereka puja, dan semuanya itu precisely one king, one kingdom, one religion, one god for each one of the race. Well, normalny emang ga mungkin sih peradaban dunia terbagi2 tiap ras secara rapih ky gt.  :D

60.Does anybody in your novel ever stab anybody with a scimitar? scimitar apaan sih? gak ada di kamus tuh..
scimitar itu golok yang rada melengkung (curve blade) kl ga salah. Ya intinya, pedang yg fungsinya untuk menebas itu sulit dan jarang digunakan untuk menusuk.

72.Does your main villain punish insignificant mistakes with death?   maksudnyah?
Adegan streotipe biasa dimana raja penjahat membunuh bawahanny cm krn gagal dalam tugas etc mungkin. Ga salah si, tp baca novel seperti it udah bosen banget aja. Udah ga keren lagi  :D

clickdian

• Cabin Crew
  • Earthbound, I Am.
    • Rumah dian
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 01:08:11 pm »

72.Does your main villain punish insignificant mistakes with death?   maksudnyah?
Adegan streotipe biasa dimana raja penjahat membunuh bawahanny cm krn gagal dalam tugas etc mungkin. Ga salah si, tp baca novel seperti it udah bosen banget aja. Udah ga keren lagi  :D

Oww.. gak ada. pembunuhan cuman dilakukan sama villain.
- Logic will make you go from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up