;

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: [Upcoming SBS-2017] While You Were Sleeping (Lee Jong Suk, Suzy)  (Read 3759 times)

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • Keong: 0
  • lucky lucky

While You Were Sleeping

Working Title: While You Were Sleeping < 당신이 잠든 사이에 >

Genre: supernatural, romance, fantasy

Director: Oh Choong Hwan [Doctors, My Love from the Star]

Writer: Park Hae Ryun [Dream High, I can Hear Your Voice, Pinocchio]

Episodes: 16

Network: SBS

Production: iHQ

Airing date: second half of 2017 <September>

Filming process: pre-produced

Story

The drama revolves around a woman who can foresee unfortunate events that will happen to other people through her dreams. On the other hand, the prosecutor will do everything in his powers to prevent the woman's dreams from turning into a reality.

Nam Hong Joo (Suzy) is an unemployed journalist who lives with her mother and puts little energy into trying to find gainful employment. Instead, she spends her time admiring and fangirling for Jung Jae Chan (Lee Jong Suk), a rookie prosecutor who is a rising star in the legal profession.

But when Hong Joo starts having dreams that foretell bad events that will happen in the immediate future, she turns to Jae Chan for help. Despite being annoyed by the pesky Hong Joo, Jae Chan has no choice but to do everything in his power to these prevent events things from happening.

But can the unlikely duo act in time to save people’s lives?

credit: viki

Cast

Lee Jong Suk as Jung Jae Chan (29 years old)
Bae Suzy as Nam Hong Joo (29 years old)
Lee Sang Yeob as Lee Yoo Beom (33 years old)
Jung Hae In as Han Woo Tak (29 years old)
Shin Jae Ha (19 years old)
Go Seung Hee as Shin Hui Min
Lee Ki Young as Park Dae Young
Bae Hae Sun as Son Eun Joo
Min Sung Wook  as Lee Ji Kwang
Hwang Young Hee as Yoon Moon Soon
Nam Hong Joo's mother.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:21:57 pm by windparis »

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
Re: [Upcoming KBS-2017] While You Were Sleeping (Park Hye Run new drama)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 11:37:34 am »

Dramabeans

Lee Jong-seok, Suzy in talks to reunite with writer Park Hye-ryun
November 13, 2016 by   girlfriday   Tagged: Lee Jong-seok, Suzy Posted In Drama Casting & News

Yay, a new Park Hye-ryun drama is on the way! The hit writer of I Hear Your Voice, Pinocchio, Dream High, and Page Turner is coming back with a new drama called While You Were Sleeping, which is tentatively being planned for a spring 2017 broadcast. Park Hye-ryun’s go-to leading man Lee Jong-seok (W–Two Worlds) has signed on to star, making this his third drama with this writer after I Hear Your Voice and Pinocchio. Suzy (Uncontrollably Fond) is currently considering an offer to star opposite him, and if she signs on, this will be her second drama with writer Park after Dream High, which was her acting debut.

While You Were Sleeping is a supernatural romance that sounds like I Hear Your Voice crossed with Oh Hae-young Again—it’s about a woman who can see the future in her dreams, and a prosecutor who fights to stop these future events from happening. The heroine has dreams about unfortunate events that will happen to other people, and the hero is a prosecutor who runs around trying to prevent her tragic visions from coming true. It seems like a terrible curse to only see bad things in the future, but I can see it fitting perfectly hand-in-hand with a prosecutor’s line of work, the same way hiccuping-as-lie-detector worked for reporters in Pinocchio.

Admittedly, one half of the casting news excites me a whole lot more than the other. I love it whenever Park Hye-ryun and Lee Jong-seok team up for a drama, and I would honestly be happy if he just kept doing her rom-coms to the end of time. Since he’s confirmed, I’m already looking forward to the series no matter who else gets cast.

Suzy’s acting, on the other hand, still leaves me cold and I always struggle to connect emotionally with her characters. The one upside is that I liked Suzy best in Dream High, where she got to play a spunky heroine—it’s this writer’s specialty, and it means there’s a chance that I’ll end up liking Suzy in this role. I can’t promise I won’t be sitting here wondering what it would’ve been like if someone else had been cast though. But I’m going to focus on the happy news, because I’ve been missing this writer’s dramas lately, and was especially sad that Page Turner was a measly three episodes long. Next year’s lineup is looking brighter already.

While You Were Sleeping is currently being shopped at broadcasters, and is aiming for a spring 2017 premiere.

bintanghijau

• Penyelam Unggul
Re: [Upcoming KBS-2017] While You Were Sleeping (Lee Jong Suk, Suzy)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 01:13:28 pm »

jongsuk mau main drama lagi? waaa

we miss you yuki

yare

• Chingu
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 01:24:40 pm »

Park hye run gak pernah bosen yah ma lee jong suk.. 3 drama berturut-turut ( gw gak ngitung page turner krn itu cuman seciprit doang) moga karakternya kali ini beda yah krn gw ngerasa so ha ma dal po mirip
Dan karna ini park hye run masuk list drama gw deh..

bintanghijau

• Penyelam Unggul
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 01:44:47 pm »

iya so ha sama dalpo agak mirip karakternya  moga aja ini beda lah ya..

iya nih tiga drama jongsuk dg penulis yg sama,
ini juga drama serius kurang lbh semacam pino dan ihyv ya?

we miss you yuki

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 06:52:05 pm »

iys nih park hye run demen banget ama jong suk.. bisa gak dipairing ama psh aja lagi hehehe

graha.grt

• Cabin Crew
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 08:26:38 pm »

iys nih park hye run demen banget ama jong suk.. bisa gak dipairing ama psh aja lagi hehehe
Darling shipper menjeritt *Aaaaaa*
Ini judulnya kaya drama panjang yang pernah tayang di indosiar deh yang pemaennya choi won young tuh. Apa ini ada tema putri tidurnya ya?
Park Shin Hye Smudge Art by GrahaGallery :D

elle_cha

• Senior Sailor
  • Keong: 6
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 10:14:47 pm »

Wow, drama barunya lee jong suk nih. Semoga suzy beneran maen d sini

Liat judulnya, tadinya aku pikir ini remake dr  film jadul hollywood while you were sleeping yg diperanin sama sandra bullock, ternyata bukan sama sekali ;D

bintanghijau

• Penyelam Unggul
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 08:46:12 pm »

wkwk maunya kuga gtu wind wkwk
tp disana jarang ya yg dipasangin lagi di drama

we miss you yuki

graha.grt

• Cabin Crew
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 09:45:34 pm »

Ini ceritanya suzy jadi cewek yang bisa liat nasib buruk (?) seseorang lewat mimpinya dan jongsuk jadi jaksa yang berusaha mencegah mimpi suzy jadi kenyataan (ngutip Wowkeren). Park Hye Ryun always yah sejak IHYV (page turner gak diitung) make genre fantasy dicampur profesi, mungkin cuman pinocchio yang fantasynya gak kentara banget.
Park Shin Hye Smudge Art by GrahaGallery :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up