;

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: --- Movies/Cinema Article & News ---  (Read 41245 times)

RaynHeartz 2nd

• Special Member
  • Senior Sailor
  • Keong: 0
  • ..given & belong to her ♥
Re: ==HolLyWoOd' NeWz==
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 12:18:59 pm »

A Mysterious Gift

LOS ANGELES - Saat Paris Hilton merayakan ulang tahun ke-27, pekan lalu, ada seorang pria misterius mengirimi sebotol sampanye seharga Rp367 juta. Paris penasaran mencari tahu siapa penggemar rahasianya itu.

Pekan lalu, Paris merayakan ulangtahun ke-27 bersama saudara perempuannya, Nicky, David Katzenberg, dan Benji Madden di klub malam LAX, Las Vegas. Tiba-tiba, sebotol sampanye Veuve Clicquot diantarkan ke meja mereka.

"Paris dan Nicky hingga kini belum mengetahui siapa yang mengirim sampanye itu," ujar sumber yang dilansir Female First, Jumat (22/2/2008).

Pada perayaan tersebut, para tamu yang hadir mengonsumsi sejenis minuman yang mampu membuat orang berhalusinasi.

Salah satu tamu yang datang yaitu Tommy Lee. Menurut saksi mata, mantan suami Pamela Anderson itu meneguk sebotol Le Tourment Vert.

"Para tamu itu tampaknya tidak menyadari minuman itu bisa membuat mereka berhalusinasi dan juga membuat mereka kecanduan seperti vodka. Dengan mudahnya, mereka menghabiskan berbotol-botol dan memesan lagi hingga meninggalkan tempat itu," kata si sumber.(ang)
♥ United as One ♥

"When it comes to Alex Ferguson, I just want to thank the Lord.
Whatever may happen in the future, I have been trained by Alex Ferguson

RaynHeartz 2nd

• Special Member
  • Senior Sailor
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 08:16:12 pm »

‘Resident Evil 4’ Likely, Says Director Paul W.S. Anderson

Like the undead themselves, modern zombie movies keep coming and coming. Get ready for at least one more, Paul W.S. Anderson told MTV News.

Well, maybe.

“Resident Evil: Extinction,” the third video-game to big screen adaptation in the popular series will likely not be the last, Anderson said, although talks for a fourth film are still in the very earliest stages of development.

“I’m just starting to talk to Sony about it,” Anderson confessed. “I don’t even know if anything will come of it, but there’s a possibility it might happen.”

It would seem like a sure thing given the ending of “Extinction,” which saw Alice (Milla Jovovich) beside herself with rage — literally, thanks to hundreds of perfect clones - promising to travel to the Umbrella Corporation’s headquarters in Japan. But Anderson, who scripted the first three films, says a concrete story hasn’t yet been decided upon. In fact, it’s coming up with a plausible, kick-ass story that’s momentarily holding him up.

“I love the ‘Resident Evil’ franchise and we always try to make the best possible movie we can. If we could find a good ‘Resident Evil 4’ to make, then we would do it,” he said. “But I wouldn’t just do it for the sake of it, that’s for sure.”
♥ United as One ♥

RaynHeartz 2nd

• Special Member
  • Senior Sailor
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 08:17:04 pm »

Kristin Kreuk is Chun-Li in Street Fighter!

"Smallville" star Kristin Kreuk will play Chun-Li in Hyde Park Entertainment's Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li! Directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak from a Justin Marks script, the action pic starts filming in Thailand in March, 2008. 20th Century Fox will distribute the live-action feature based on Capcom's video game. The movie is focused on female fighter Chun-Li and her journey for justice.
♥ United as One ♥

RaynHeartz 2nd

• Special Member
  • Senior Sailor
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2008, 08:22:00 pm »

First Look At ‘Iron Man II,’ ‘Thor,’ ‘Captain America,’ And ‘Avengers.’ Well, Sort Of.

Once you’ve got a logo you HAVE to make the film, right? If you’re going to go with that horrible logic then it’s been set in stone, get ready for a whole lotta Marvel films the next three years. Once again I stumbled onto this cool little image at New York’s Licensing Expo (who knew something with such a boring name could yield such interesting things?). I wouldn’t call the below a poster or anything that will resemble a final title treatment for any of the below. Hell, one or two of these films may never even happen. But it’s still fun to look at and ponder the superhero goodness to come, no?
♥ United as One ♥

RaynHeartz 2nd

• Special Member
  • Senior Sailor
Re: --- Movies/Cinema Article & News ---
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2008, 10:16:08 pm »

ABBA Reunites for Mamma Mia!

In the past two decades the former members of ABBA have rarely been seen together in public, but the '70s quartet reunited Friday for the Swedish premiere of the movie musical Mamma Mia!

For the first time in 22 years Agnetha Fältskog, 58, showed up side by side with Anni-Frid Lyngstad, 62 – to dance with the movie's star Meryl Streep.

The reunion took place at the Rival Hotel in Stockholm, along with the women's ex-husbands and bandmates Björn Ulveaus, 63, and Benny Anderson, 61.

The media-shy Fältskog hit the red carpet hand-in-hand with Lyngstad to surprise Meryl Streep as the actress walked into the Rival.

The three stars then held hands and danced in a circle on the red carpet.

The movie is based off the musical, which features several ABBA hits, including "Dancing Queen" and "Take a Chance."

Inside the Rival, Streep (who was joined by fellow cast members Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and Christine Baranski) told the audience, "And remember: Turn off you mobile phones! No! Wait! Actually call all your friends right now and tell them you're watching your favorite movie, and let them hear how much you enjoy it."

She added, "Now let's see what we did last summer!"
♥ United as One ♥

RaynHeartz 2nd

• Special Member
  • Senior Sailor
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2008, 02:44:50 pm »

Dark Knight Makes Record-Breaking $300M in 10 Days

The Batman adventure, starring Christian Bale and Heath Ledger, shattered another box-office benchmark this weekend – reaching beyond the $300 million mark in a mere 10 days.

The movie grossed $75.6 million in its second weekend in theaters, bringing its North American box-office total to $314,245,000, Warner Bros. head of distribution Dan Fellman tells the Associated Press.

The number breaks the record established by 2006's Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, which hit $300 million after 16 days.

Fellman says Dark Knight could conceivably reach the $400-million mark in about 18 days – placing it ahead of Shrek 2's 43-day record in 2004.

Hold on to your life preservers – The Dark Knight might also surpass 1997's Titanic as the highest-grossing film in U.S. history, according to Paul Dergarabedian, president of Media By Numbers. That sinking-ship saga, starring Leonardo Di Caprio, made $600,788,188 domestically.

Rounding out this weekend's top five at the box office were Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly in Step Brothers, with an estimated $30 million; Meryl Streep in Mamma Mia!, $17.9 million; David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in The X-Files: I Want to Believe, $10.2 million; and Brendan Fraser in Journey to the Center of the Earth, $9.4 million.
♥ United as One ♥

irene4207

• Senior Sailor
  • I'M THE SWAN QUEEN
    • srsly.
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2008, 03:45:48 pm »

The Dark Knight emang mantep deh

tp, TDK belom bisa ngebalep Titanic ya?

irene4207

• Senior Sailor
  • I'M THE SWAN QUEEN
    • srsly.
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2008, 04:48:10 pm »

The Dark Knight Tops Yahoo Users Top Rated Movie list

Best movie:
1. The Dark Knight
2. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
3. The Shawshank Redemption
4. Iron Man
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
6. The Godfather
7. Transformers
8. Raiders of the Lost Ark
9. Star Wars
10. Bella

Worst movie:
1. Gigli
2. Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation
3 Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2
4. The Hottie and the Nottie
5. The House of the Dead
6. Battlefield Earth
7. Bug
8. feardotcom
9. Alone in the Dark
10. Home Alone 4

http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/top10

RaynHeartz 2nd

• Special Member
  • Senior Sailor
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 06:00:13 pm »

wow, ngalahin LOTR. hebat !

btw, the worst movie, ada The Hottie and The Nottie.. wkwkwkwkw
(yg maen ParisHilton)
♥ United as One ♥

RaynHeartz 2nd

• Special Member
  • Senior Sailor
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 06:52:04 pm »

[size=14ptTitanic's Been Unsinkable...Until Dark Knight?[/size]
Wednesday July 30 6:51 PM ET

by Joal Ryan

Los Angeles (E! Online) - Ten years after sailing off with $600.8 million, Titanic remains the top-grossing movie of all-time, a title which, up until The Dark Knight onslaught, hasn't been seriously challenged.

Why?

Statistically speaking, says Jeffrey Simonoff, borrowing a famous line from screenwriter William Goldman, "Nobody knows."

"Many people have noted if the stock market is a high-risk market, the movies is far riskier," says Simonoff, professor of statistics at New York University's Stern School of Business.

Huge opening weekends and great buzz certainly increase a movie's odds of making lots and lots of money, but beyond that, Simonoff argues, it's all guesswork.

"What Titanic had was the amazing word of mouth that just kept growing and growing," Simonoff says. "[But] it wasn't like after the second weekend people could say this is going to be the No. 1 movie for the next three months."

Actually, Titanic was the No. 1 movie at the weekend box office for about three-and-a-half months, or 15 weeks, the second-longest run in the top spot after E.T., which logged 16 weeks there in 1982.

To Vicki Kunkel, author of upcoming Instant Appeal: The 8 Primal Factors That Create Blockbuster Success, movies that play on and on and on, like Titanic, are the cinematic equivalent of potato chips—one viewing is not enough.

"Titanic pretty much had all the elements that light up the endorphins on the brain," says Kunkel. "Anything that makes us feel good is addictive."

If all blockbuster movies contain like elements, Kunkel points out, then Titanic had all the right elements, including a love story (see: Leonardo DiCaprio's Jack and Kate Winslet's Rose), a self-sacrificing heroine (see: Rose spurn her rich fiancé, Billy Zane's Cal, for poor Jack) and a clear-cut battle between good and bad (see: Jack take on Cal).

Kunkel finds a couple of these key elements, especially the conflict between good and evil, at play in The Dark Knight. She doesn't, however, foresee another bag of potato chips. Or, more precisely, a bigger bag of potato chips.

"We relate more to real people than we do to superheroes," Kunkel says. "And that's when the real addictiveness happens, when we have a deep primal connection."

Christopher Sharrett, professor of communications and film studies at Seton Hall University, thinks there could be a different kind of connection going on between the seriously dark Dark Knight and today's moviegoers.

"It's ripped out of the headlines," Sharrett says. "It's something that appeals to a cynicism of the population."

More than that, Sharrett thinks the untimely death of Heath Ledger, so prominent in The Dark Knight as iconic villain The Joker, is the film's X factor—the something different that, as he sees it, distinguishes the superhero-action movie from all the other recent superhero-action movies.

But does that add up to The Dark Knight moving from $400 million, its certain next stop, all the way to Titanic's $600 million neighborhood?

"For what it's worth," Simonoff says, "I would certainly say it wouldn't be surprising given the way things look like now."

Then again, he says, it wouldn't be surprising if it fell $100 million short.

Says Simonoff: "You can never know for sure."

Up until its release, after all, Titanic was considered a $200 million gamble. Until it paid off. And off. And off.

www.yahoo.com
♥ United as One ♥

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 37   Go Up