;

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Upcoming OCN - 2017] Bad Guys 2 (Park Joong Hoon, Joo Jin Mo, Ji Soo)  (Read 734 times)

za_87

• Senior Sailor
  • Keong: 2

Profile :

Drama: Bad Guys 2
Revised romanization: Nappeun Nyeoseokdeul 2
Hangul: 나쁜 녀석들2
Director: Han Dong-Hwa
Writer: Han Jung-Hoon
Network: OCN
Episodes:
Release Date: Second Half, 2017 --
Runtime: Sat. & Sun. 22:20
Language:

Notes :

1. "Bad Guys 2" takes over the OCN Sat. & Sun. 22:20 time slot previously occupied by "Black."
2. Park Sung-Woong has been offered supporting role and he is considering the offer positively.
3. Related titles:
        Bad Guys | Nappeun Nyeoseokdeul (OCN / 2014)
        Bad Guys 2 | Nappeun Nyeoseokdeul 2 (OCN / 2017)

Cast :

Park Joong-Hoon - Woo Je-Moon
Joo Jin-Mo - Heo Il-Hoo
Ji Soo - Han Gang Joo
Choi Gwi Hwa - Ha Sang Mo

Sbr : http://asianwiki.com/Bad_Guys_2_(_Drama)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 04:32:56 pm by za_87 »

za_87

• Senior Sailor
Re: [Upcoming OCN - 2017] Bad Guys 2
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 07:23:01 pm »

Bad Guys: Age of Evil in contention for OCN’s fall lineup

The highly anticipated second season of OCN’s hit ensemble crime drama Bad Guys has now officially begun production and planning, and is eyeing the September broadcast slot in OCN’s lineup this year, though the network says the timeslot is not confirmed. The sequel will be called Bad Guys: Age of Evil, and it’ll be helmed by writer Han Jung-hoon (Police Unit 38, Bad Guys, Vampire Prosecutor) and director Han Dong-hwa (Police Unit 38). The real question is whether the second season will be a true sequel or a spinoff with a new story altogether, and how many of the original bad guys, if any, will be returning for this installment.

Bad Guys aired in 2014 and was a marked success for the cable network that reached 4.1% ratings. The unconventional setup—morally gray cops using hardened criminals to catch even worse criminals—was a fresh spin on the usual crime procedural with a task force of good guys. It also became something of a signature for the writer, who went on to pen Police Unit 38, which I’d call Bad Guys’ kinder, gentler little brother who stuck to white collar crime and maybe didn’t become a serial killer like his bro.

As of yet producers haven’t announced whether they will be reuniting the original ensemble of bad guys: Park Hae-jin (Cheese in the Trap) as a psychopath serial killer, Ma Dong-seok (Police Unit 38) as a gangster, Jo Dong-hyuk (Rude Miss Young-ae 15) as a contract killer, Kim Sang-joong (Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People) as the detective who brings them all together, and Kang Ye-won (Baek-hee Has Returned) as a police inspector.

The second season will again be about a group of bad guys punishing the real bad guys—people who use their power to corrupt—and is described as an action noir that delivers a gratifying punch. It’ll feature more base evil in its villains, and a bigger scale overall. Some new characters include a prosecutor in his/her forties, a founding member of a gang, and a violent crimes detective. Yeah, but tell us what you’re doing to get Park Hae-jin and Ma Dong-seok to sign on! Let’s be clear about our priorities!

Bad Guys: Age of Evil has begun casting, and if all goes well, hopes to air following Tunnel, Duel (May), and Save Me (July) on OCN.

Sbr : Dramabeans

pattrick

• Forum Machi
  • Keong: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 09:27:14 pm »

Ini beneran bad guys mau di sekuelkan?? Mau pake formasi lama apa di upgrade ni? Moga yo jung sunbae tetep ikutan Main bareng Om ma dong suk

irawan_yi

• Penyelam Unggul
  • Keong: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 12:23:56 pm »

WOW...  harus pake old formationnnn ahhahahah

za_87

• Senior Sailor
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 07:03:24 pm »

Serius kok, cuma belum tau pake formasi lama atau baru... semoga tetep pake formasi lama, ngelanjutin yg season 1.. kan si JM udah kebukti bukan dia yg bunuh tp dia masih di penjara...

za_87

• Senior Sailor
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 12:18:28 pm »

Park Sung-woong up for lead role in Bad Guys spinoff

Bad news, beanies. Looks like the much anticipated Season 2 of OCN’s 2014 hit crime drama Bad Guys will be a spinoff, and not a sequel. Producers have revealed that the original motley crew of detectives and criminals we got to know and love — cautiously, and at a safe distance — will have been disbanded in between the first and second season timelines. The upcoming series, called Bad Guys: Age of Evil, will feature a new hybrid team going up against a “decaying society that has lost its sense of justice.” Well, that’s bleak.

Bad Guys: Age of Evil is set to begin its run in September and intends to be half-produced by the time its first episode airs. That means the show is currently in the middle of pre-production, and will start filming in July. Producers are citing scheduling conflicts as the reason why the original cast won’t be returning for the second season: Park Hae-jin will be busy filming Cheese in the Trap and doing the press rounds for JTBC’s Man to Man this summer, while Ma Dong-seok (Police Unit 38) will also be in movie shoots. However, management for Park Hae-jin, Jo Dong-hyuk (Rude Miss Young-ae 15), and Kang Ye-won (Baek-hee Has Returned) have all said they never received offers to return for the new season. Wait, so they didn’t even TRY?

If there’s a silver lining to be found in all of this, it’s that Park Sung-woong (Man to Man) has been tipped to take a lead role in the spinoff. Initial reports stated that he had taken the role, but his agency has since clarified that he’s positively considering joining the show. Apparently, Park Sung-woong was the first person producers reached out to for the drama’s lineup, and it looks like it’ll be a reunion if he signs on: He also played a detective in tvN’s Hidden Identity, the follow-up project to the producers of Bad Guys.

If he confirms, Park Sung-woong’s character would be the violent crimes detective mentioned in earlier reports. The detective was a boxer in a former life, and was good enough to compete in the 1998 Asian Games. For some reason, he becomes a detective who isn’t interested in justice or ambition, but rather is fixated on money. Well, that’s certainly a departure from Kim Sang-joong’s role in the first season, who was obsessed with the idea of righteous justice, whatever the brutal means required.

Expectations are high for Bad Guy take 2, which is still in the casting phase. The show broke ratings records for OCN during its first run, and with the writer-director duo from Police Unit 38 returning for the second season, I’m sure the cable channel is expecting it to do well. Bad Guy: Age of Evil will follow Tunnel, Duel, and Save Me in the Saturday-Sunday slot later this year.

PSW ditawari.. moga diterima... klo bisa sih skalian ama PHJ lah.. dan KSJ juga...

za_87

• Senior Sailor
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 10:57:38 am »

Kang Haneul, Park Joong-hoon may become the next Bad Guys

Kang Haneul (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo) and Park Joong-hoon (Hanji, My Dear Desperado) have been offered roles in the upcoming spinoff of OCN’s 2014 dark thriller Bad Guys that starred a psychopathic Park Hae-jin and a ruthless Kim Sang-joong. This new season, titled Bad Guys: Age of Evil, will feature an entirely different cast of characters, and currently, both actors are reviewing the script positively.

The original Bad Guys was about how a group of violent criminals were coerced by a brutal officer of the law (Kim Sang-joong) to catch baddies even more powerful and amoral than themselves. The setup of the spinoff is supposed to be similar, and since the main writer from the original, Han Jung-hoon, has signed on to write this script, I’m assuming continuity and tone will be consistent. The PD has changed, however, from Kim Jung-min to Han Dong-hwa, who worked with writer Han on another OCN drama, Police Unit 38.

If he confirms, Kang Haneul will play third-year prosecutor named Noh Jin-pyung, who has just been assigned to the Seowon District Office. The character is recovering from a traumatic incident where he witnessed his mentor being murdered right in front of his eyes. Park Joong-hoon is also up for role as a Seowon District prosecutor named Woo Jae-moon. He believes in justice, but his methods of obtaining said justice are often extreme. With his hotheaded temper, he’s a troublemaker who often causes more complications in the cases he takes. And as a result, he’s a true outsider, the loner that no one wants to talk to at work. Additionally, tt was reported that Park Sung-woong (Man to Man) received an offer to play a money-hungry homicide investigator, but he has yet to confirm.

Both Kang Haneul and Park Joong-hoon haven’t worked on an OCN drama before, which is odd because I can totally imagine Kang Haneul with his piercing eyes playing a murderous psychopath (a favorite archetype of OCN dramas). But the bigger news is that Park Joong-hoon is even considering Bad Guys: Age of Evil because he hasn’t been on the small screen for 23 years, staying in film for most of his career (some of his many titles include Haeundae, Radio Star, My Dear Desperado, and Nowhere to Hide). His last drama was SBS’s Far Away Sonba River (1994), which featured him as a soldier in the Vietnam War. Filming for Bad Guys: Age of Evil is supposed to begin in July after casting ends.

So the weekend lineup for OCN is tentatively as follows: As soon as currently airing Tunnel ends, Duel (starring Jung Jae-young and Kim Jung-eun) will be broadcast. Afterwards, there’s webtoon adaptation Rescue Me that will begin in July, after which writer Choi Ran’s Black is supposed to start in September. So that likely puts Bad Guys: Age of Evil’s premiere sometime in November. Fall can’t come soon enough!

za_87

• Senior Sailor
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 11:45:57 am »

Joo Jin-mo up to join the Bad Guys in Age of Evil

I’m really liking the casting decisions being made for OCN’s Bad Guys spinoff, Bad Guys: Age of Evil. On the heels of Park Sung-woong (Man to Man), Kang Haneul (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo), and Park Joong-hoon’s (Hanji, My Dear Desperado) offers to star in the upcoming OCN series, Joo Jin-mo (Woman With a Suitcase) has also been approached to join the cast.

There’s no word yet on what his role in the show would be, but given that Park Sung-woong, Kang Haneul, and Park Joong-hoon have all been offered characters that work with the law as prosecutors and a detective, I’m kind of hoping Joo Jin-mo will be one of the titular bad guys. I’ve only watched three projects of Joo’s (Fashion 70’s, 200 Pound Beauty, and Empress Ki), and if memory serves, he played a generally stoic, good guy in all of them. I remember really liking him and his characters, but it would be interesting to see him go full-on dark, like Park Hae-jin did in the original.

Bad Guys: Age of Evil is scheduled to premiere in late 2017, following Duel, Rescue Me, and Black. None of the actors have confirmed their roles, but I hope they do, because coupled with the writer-director duo of Police Unit 38, that would be one solid trifecta of talent. Next on my wish list: a badass female character, preferably as one of the criminals. Make it happen, OCN!

za_87

• Senior Sailor
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 05:44:33 am »

Park Joong-Hoon, Kang Ha-Neul & Joo Jin-Mo cast in OCN drama series “Bad Guys 2”

Park Joong-Hoon, Kang Ha-Neul & Joo Jin-Mo are cast in upcoming OCN drama series “Bad Guys 2.” They join Um Tae-Goo who is already cast for one of the primary roles.

For “Bad Guys 2,” Park Joong-Hoon will play Woo Je-Moon. His character works as a prosecutor. Kang Ha-Neul will play No Jin-Pyeong. His character has worked as a prosecutor for 3 years. He becomes shaken after witnessing the death of a mentor. Joo Jin-Mo will play Heo Il-Hoo. He struggles to solve a case where it appears that justice has collapsed.

“Bad Guys 2” will first air sometime during the second half of this year on Saturday and Sunday (takes over weekend time slot after “Black“).

Sbr : Asianwiki

za_87

• Senior Sailor

Ji-soo goes to prison for Bad Guys: City of Evil

There’s been a casting changeup for the Bad Guys spinoff headed to OCN later this fall: One of the four main actors, Uhm Tae-gu (Maids), had to drop out of the drama due to health reasons, and so Ji-soo (Strong Woman Do Bong-soon) has signed on to replace him. He’ll be joining Park Joong-hoon (Hanji, My Dear Desperado), Joo Jin-mo (Woman With a Suitcase), and his former Goryeo-era brother Kang Haneul (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo) in the new action thriller.

Bad Guys: City of Evil is the latest from OCN’s PD Han Dong-hwa of Police Unit 38 and writer Han Jung-hoon of Police Unit 38, Bad Guys, and Vampire Prosecutor. The first season featured a ragtag group of convicts brought together by a morally questionable detective who wanted to use bad guys to catch worse guys, and was a big success for the network. In the spinoff, half of the bad guys will be prosecutors—Park Joong-hoon and Kang Haneul—but in true Bad Guys fashion, they’ll be the type to do anything to mete out justice.

Ji-soo will play a man who sacrifices himself in order to save his family, and goes to prison to serve someone else’s sentence. But then he discovers that it was a trap set by the mob from the start, and he’ll undergo a 180 degree transformation and vow to live his life differently. It sounds like a great character with a strong arc, and after playing brawling high school rebels and a homicide detective, I’m sure he’s up to the demands of the action-packed role. For me, it’s just another reason to watch the new season of Bad Guys, especially when he’ll be reuniting with Kang Haneul for more potential bromance.

Bad Guys: City of Evil will air later this year on OCN.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up