;

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Upcoming tvN-2017] Hwayuki (Lee Seung Gi, Cha Seung Won, Oh Yeon Seo)  (Read 872 times)

elfaIQ

• Chingu
  • Keong: 1
  • JiJi shipper 😘 BoYoo Couple 😚
    • elfaIQ

Hwayuki

Drama: Hwayuki (working title)
Revised romanization: Hwayuki
Hangul: 화유기
Director: Park Hong-Kyun
Writer: Hong Jung-Eun, Hong Mi-Ran
Network: tvN
Episodes:
Release Date: December, 2017 --
Runtime:
Language: Korean
Plot
A reinterpretation of Chinese novel “Journey to the West” into the present days with a romantic-fantasy twist.

Notes
Cha Seung-Won has been offered the lead male role and he is considering the offer positively.

Cast

Lee Seung-Gi - Son O-Gong
Cha Seung-Won - King Wooma
Oh Yeon-Seo - Jin Sun-Mi
Lee Hong-Ki - P.K
Jang Gwang - Yoon Dae-Sik
Song Jong-Ho - Kang Dae-Sung
Lee El - Ma Ji-Young
Lee Se-Young - Bong-Soon
Kim Sung-Oh - Lee Han-Joo
Sung Hyuk - General Dong
Sung Ji-Ru - Soobori
Yoon Bo-Ra - Alice
One
Kal So-Won - Jin Sun-Mi (young)
Kim Ji-Soo - Na Chal-Nyeo (special appearance)

http://asianwiki.com/Hwayuki
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 04:02:55 pm by elfaIQ »

YJ's bodyguards 😘😘😘

elfaIQ

• Chingu
    • elfaIQ
Re: [Upcoming tvN-2017] Hwayuki
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 04:53:47 am »

Cha Seung-won courted for Hong sisters fantasy romance on tvN
by javabeans

This would be an interesting reunion: Cha Seung-won (Hwajung) has met with the Hong sisters writing team (Hong Jung-eun, Hong Mi-ran) and is in talks to headline their new fantasy-romance drama, which is being considered for a Friday-Saturday slot on cable station tvN. The drama is based on the Chinese classic novel Journey to the West (Seoyugi in Korean) and reimagined as a modern story, and will be titled Hwayugi. (No explanation has been given on the title; it’s a pun on Journey to the West but I’m not sure in what sense without more explanation.)
My knowledge of Journey to the West is limited, but it seems like the Hong sisters will be taking a sideways spin at the tale rather than going at it head-on. The classic Journey to the West is centered around five main characters, with a monk on a pilgrimage to India accompanied by disciples/companions, each of whom is atoning for sins committed in past lives. The mischievous Monkey King, Sun Wukong, wears a gold ring around his head that can control him; the Pig is the fighter with a big appetite; Sandy is a water demon who has a quieter role; and Yulong is the son of the dragon king who appears as a horse.
In this 2017 modernized version, the monkey character is depraved and the monk full of snobbery and materialism (perhaps in lovable ways? The Hongs do love to play with lovably flawed leads). The story is described as “finding the light in a dark world overrun with evil spirits.” It’ll have both horror-thriller elements and comedic romantic ones, which makes me think of the Hongs’ drama Master’s Sun, which is one of the better associations to have with their past works.
In Hwayugi, Cha Seung-won is up to play a character named Woo Hwi-chul, who is based on the Bull Demon King character, Sun Wuokong’s sworn brother. Woo Hwi-chul is a successful businessman who is the object of others’ envy, and the image of an utter gentleman.
On the one hand, I really loved Cha Seung-won when he worked with the writers before on their hilarious rom-com Best Love, back in 2011. While Cha had plenty of star power before that drama, the show did revitalize his image as a comedic leading man, and I think that was the Hong sisters near the top of their writing game, which had a long list of hits: Delightful Girl Chun-hyang, My Girl, You’re Beautiful, My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho. But then came Big and Warm and Cozy, and now I find myself pretty uncertain what to expect from the pair. Will the last two years have given them time to find their mojo? Or will we get another lackluster rom-com with nonsensical plots and character logic? I really hope the writers have found that lovin’ feelin’ again and will be back strong.
PD Park Hong-kyun of Best Love and Queen Seon-deok is attached to direct. Hwayugi is looking at a December premiere on tvN. - drambeans -

YJ's bodyguards 😘😘😘

elfaIQ

• Chingu
    • elfaIQ
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 09:18:30 am »

Park Bo-Gum offered lead role in tvN drama series “Hwayuki”

Park Bo-Gum has been offered a lead role in upcoming tvN drama series “Hwayuki.” Cha Seung-Won has already received an offered to play a co-lead character and he is still “positively considering” the offer. Park Bo-Gum is also considering his offer. The drama series is based on classic Chinese novel “Journey to the West,” but set in the present day and with a romantic twist. The screenplay will be scripted by Hong Jung-Eun and Hong Mi-Ran. If Park Bo-Gum accepts, he will play Son O-Gong (the character of Sun Wukong in original novel “Journey to the West”). If Cha Seung-Won accepts he will play King Wooma (Bull Demon King).

“Hwayuki” is tentatively scheduled to air from December, 2017 in South Korea. - asianwiki -

YJ's bodyguards 😘😘😘

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 01:51:05 pm »

Oh Yeon-seo up to romance Lee Seung-gi in Hong sisters drama Hwayugi
The sky’s the limit for the comedic potential of this pairing if it happens: Oh Yeon-seo (My Sassy Girl) is considering an offer to star in the new Hong sisters fantasy romance drama Hwayugi opposite Lee Seung-gi (You’re All Surrounded), who is up for the leading role. The new tvN series is a contemporary reworking of the classic Chinese novel Journey to the West with a fanciful romance twist.

The horror-fantasy-romance is set in modern-day Seoul, which happens to be filled with darkness and evil spirits. The heroine was born with a monk’s calling to rid the world of these demons, and her life will take on an extraordinary and supernatural dynamic when she crosses paths with the hero, Sun Wukong the Monkey King. The Monkey King is a mischievous minor god who’s been exiled to the human realm because of his pride. The two characters will bicker and butt heads, but they’ll team up to fight the dark forces and end up falling in love.

Cha Seung-won is considering an offer to costar as the Bull Demon King, and in recent casting reports, it says he’ll be at odds with the hero. That could make him anything from a villain to one half of a reluctant bromantic pairing (remember You’re All Surrounded?), so we’ll have to wait and see what shape his character takes on.

I like Oh Yeon-seo’s spunky comic style, which I can already picture opposite Lee Seung-gi’s. My Sassy Girl was certainly over-the-top as a show on the whole, but she was completely committed to going for the laughs. I still think Come Back, Ajusshi was her best, where she played a woman possessed by the ghost of an ajusshi gangster; she was pee-your-pants funny in that. With this casting, I’m expecting wacky, outlandish humor from Hwayugi now, so I hope that’s what’s in store!

Hwayugi is planning to air in tvN’s weekend slot this December.

source:dramabeans

the charming noona

• Forum Machi
  • Keong: 0
  • You're All Surrounded by n with this guy ^_^
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 04:06:06 pm »

emg seung gi dh pasti ? kykny belum deh

KMY to YSJ : we are talking about love with body language not in words ^_^ thx who made this art so beautiful cr :psarah lisol

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 07:19:53 am »

emg seung gi dh pasti ? kykny belum deh

gak tahu juga tp blm ada penolakan dari LSG

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 06:44:14 am »

Lee Hong-ki considers joining Hwayugi as top star

This drama is turning into a Hong sisters reunion tour. We’ve already got two potential reunions in line for their new fantasy romance Hwayugi, with offers out to My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho’s Lee Seung-gi and Best Love’s Cha Seung-won, and now an offer is out to You’re Beautiful’s Lee Hong-ki to join the cast as a womanizing top star.

The fantasy-horror-romance is a fanciful reworking of the classic Chinese novel Journey to the West, in which the monk and the Monkey King will team up to fight the evil spirits that have invaded present-day Seoul. Lee Seung-gi has been offered the starring role as Sun Wukong the Monkey King, a powerful minor god who’s been exiled to the human realm. Oh Yeon-seo (My Sassy Girl) is up to play the heroine, a descendant of monks who’s been given the calling to rid the world of demons. And Cha Seung-won has been offered the part of Lee Seung-gi’s rival, the Bull Demon King.

If he signs on to join them, FT Island’s Lee Hong-ki will play the pig monster Zhu Bajie. In this adaptation, the pig monster has the power to seduce women and lives a cushy life as a top star. He even used his powers to get there, since all it takes is ten minutes of unleashing his magic to get all of the women on the planet to fall for him. LOL. This power does have a dark side though, because he uses it to suck the life force out of the women who worship him.

But since Journey to the West is all about mischievous characters going on a journey of enlightenment, it’s safe to expect some changes in store for the top star. We’re told that he’ll survive thanks to the mercy of the heroine, and learn to use his fame and sociability to help her on her quest. He’ll also have a hyung-dongsaeng relationship with the hero, which is going to be freaking adorable. I hope they sing duets together.

Hwayugi is being prepped for tvN’s weekend slot this December.

source: dramabeans

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 10:09:35 am »

Hwayugi gains a mythical cast of characters

Cha Seung-won, Lee Yeon-seo, Lee Hong-ki
This casting lineup for tvN’s next fantasy romance Hwayugi is shaping up to be awesome. Recently, a slew of offers have gone out, and have returned with many confirmations. The first three to have officially signed on include Cha Seung-won (Hwajeong), Oh Yeon-seo (My Sassy Girl), and Lee Hong-ki (Modern Farmer)—whom I can already imagine as an amazing comedic trio.

Based on the epic Chinese novel Journey to the West, this drama tells the tale of a great odyssey, undertaken by a virtuous monk and his four companions to seek out scriptures in the West. For this modern retelling, Oh Yeon-seo plays the monk character, who was born with the fate to exorcise demons but works as a real-estate CEO who resells houses with notoriously bad luck. The offer to play Sun Wukong, the mischief-making Monkey King, is still out to Lee Seung-gi (You’re All Surrounded). He and Oh Yeon-seo’s character are supposed to become entangled in a love triangle with Cha Seung-won’s character, the Bull Demon King/entertainment CEO for the drama.

Lee Seung-gi, Lee Se-young
If Lee Seung-gi decides to make Hwayugi his army comeback project, it’ll be his second time working on a fantasy rom-com with the Hong sisters (the first being My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho), but I think I’m most looking forward to the reunion between the Hong sisters and Lee Hong-ki. To this day, You’re Beautiful’s lovable Jeremy remains one of the most memorable characters for me, and from his character synopsis in Hwayugi, I’m already feeling Jeremy vibes.

Lee Hong-ki’s new character is a top idol star (just like Jeremy) named PK, who’s based off the Zhu Bajie character (aka Pig) who was one of the monk’s four protectors in the novel. His two greatest vices are gluttony and lustfulness, and as you may suspect in the drama, Lee Hong-ki will be constantly fawned over by girls as the nation’s hottest flower boy celebrity.
ONE, Choo Ja-hyun
Additionally, Sha Wujing (aka Friar Sand), the third and ugliest companion to the monk, will be played by Jang Gwang (Thief-nom, Thief-nim) who is a wealthy real estate chaebol in Hwayugi. Among the non-confirmed characters, Lee Se-young (The Best Hit) is considering a role as an idol group trainee Bong-soon, and Chu Ja-hyun (A Man Called God) has been offered an unspecified role that wasn’t in the original synopsis or myth. Furthermore, YG solo rapper ONE (Show Me the Money Season 5) is up to play a mysterious youth.

But I’ve been saving perhaps the best news of the day: Lee El (Black) has joined the cast! Step aside Oh Yeon-seo, Lee El is here to be Cha Seung-won’s right-hand woman. Her character is described as his secretary and number one follower, and I can’t wait to see their chemistry together. I almost don’t want there to be a Cha Seung-won/Oh Yeon-seo/Lee Seung-gi love triangle anymore. Can we get a parallel love line, pretty please?

It looks like Hwayugi is headed to filming soon, having already had its first script read, with all the main cast except Lee Seung-gi, on October 18. Saturday-Sunday tvN drama Hwayugi is set to begin airing in December.

Lee El, Jang Gwang

source:dramabeans

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 02:10:39 pm »

Bora and Kim Ji-soo join Hwayugi as top star and first love

We’ve got two more cast members for the already impressive, sprawling cast confirmed for tvN’s upcoming fantasy drama Hwayugi: Former Sistar idol member Bora (Doctor Stranger) and Kim Ji-soo (Hwarang) will play two characters revolving around Cha Seung-won’s (Hwajeong) Bull Demon King, whose human world persona, Woo Hwi-chul, is the CEO of Korea’s largest entertainment company.
I kind of love how some male characters in the original Journey to the West epic are being turned into female roles, and I wonder how that dichotomy will play out in the show. Bora will join the mythical majority of the cast as top star Alice who is signed onto the Bull Demon King’s entertainment company, aptly named Lucifer. This would make her a colleague of fellow in-show celebrity PK, played by Lee Hong-ki (Modern Farmer), whose mythical counterpart Zhu Bajie (or the Pig) has the power to seduce women and suck their life force.

Alice, has “unwittingly” lived as the Jade Dragon, son of one of the four Dragon Kings. Hm, so is her dragon half lying dormant inside her human half? Either way, I’ll be interested to find out whether her popularity as a celebrity has something to do with her dragon powers, similar to PK. I don’t recall ever seeing Bora act in anything, though it looks like she’s had small parts in Doctor Stranger and Shut Up Family, but I’ve enjoyed her appearances in variety shows, so I’m hoping her likability helps add to a positive performance.

Kim Ji-soo’s role is described as more of a special appearance than a main one, but she’ll be an important figure in Woo Hwi-chul’s life, because she’s his first love and dramaland mandates that first loves are highly important. Her mythological counterpart is Princess Iron Fan, wife of the Bull Demon King, who has a particularly antagonistic relationship with Sun Wukong, the Monkey King, who will potentially be played by Lee Seung-gi (You’re All Surrounded) if he confirms. It’s almost comical how much at odds they are at times in the original Journey to the West saga: At one point, Sun Wukong turns into a fly in order to enter her stomach, where he proceeds to punch her guts until she hands over her fan.
more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/10/bora-and-kim-ji-soo-join-hwayugi-as-top-star-and-first-love/

windparis

• Tomodachi
  • lucky lucky
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 02:12:48 pm »

Lee Seung-gi hits the ground running after army discharge

Puppy’s baaacckkkk!! And we won’t have to wait long to see Lee Seung-gi grace our screens once again, yay! He’s left the army for all of a day (he was discharged on October 31), and according to reports, he’s raring to get back to work. Which is great news for those of us who’ve been awaiting his return eagerly. I mean, some of us have been counting.
First up in the pipeline, of course, is tvN’s upcoming fantasy rom-com Hwayugi. Reports are saying he’s pretty much confirmed, and that the rest of the cast who have already signed on are operating under the assumption that he has all but officially joined the project. Hwayugi marks one of several reunions for Lee Seung-gi: His You’re All Surrounded costar Cha Seung-won is up to play the Bull Demon King, and he’s worked with the Hong sisters before, in My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho. Lee Seung-gi’s role in Hwayugi is Sun Wukong, the mischievous Monkey King who butts heads with Oh Yeon-seo (My Sassy Girl), the monk who holds the key to his locked powers.

There’s also a chance that we may get to see Lee Seung-gi even before Hwayugi premieres in December, on the big screen in the sageuk rom-com Compatibility, which also stars Shim Eun-kyung (The Mayor) and Yeon Woo-jin (Seven Day Queen). Filming for Compatibility wrapped up before Lee Seung-gi enlisted, so it’s kind of amazing that it’s only just coming out now that he’s been discharged.
I’m also eager to see Lee Seung-gi back in variety, as a long-time collaborator (or slave) of Na PD. It would be so awesome to see him reunite with his 1 Night 2 Days hyungs in a new season of New Journey to the West, which would also tie in nicely with his new drama. Though it might be strange to see him not be the youngest of the group with Mino as a cast member.
It’s just really nice to have him back, especially since this is a particularly hard year for enlisting leading men. And also, eager to take on work so quickly after his return: Lee Seung-gi told reporters that he has so much energy and will do so many projects that his fans will have a hard time keeping up with him. You’ve all been warned!

Via Dbeans
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up