;

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Upcoming TBA-2017] Dog Witch and Me  (Read 413 times)

za_87

• Senior Sailor
  • Keong: 2
[Upcoming TBA-2017] Dog Witch and Me
« on: April 20, 2017, 11:24:21 pm »

TBA

za_87

• Senior Sailor
Re: [Upcoming TBA-2017] Dog Witch and Me
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 11:26:09 pm »

Kang Haneul offered lead in Pinocchio PD’s new rom-com

We’ve certainly been waiting long enough to see Kang Haneul (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo) as the leading man in a drama, so it’s hard not to get my hopes up about this news. He might be returning to dramaland as the lead in a new romantic comedy drama called Dog Witch and Me, from PD Jo Soo-won of Gogh’s Starry Night, The Time I’ve Loved You, Pinocchio, Gap-dong, and I Hear Your Voice, among others.

The new drama is about an unusual love triangle between a blind heiress, her dog, and a veterinarian. All we know so far is the basic setup: The heroine is described as an arrogant, snooty heiress, and the dog loves her, while the veterinarian loves the dog. So I’m guessing that the dog plays Cupid and brings the two lovers together, which is freaking adorable. Oh, I hope they cast the dog from Chicago Typewriter and Uncontrollably Fond (at least I think they’re the same dog).

Kang Haneul is considering favorably for now, but I hope he’ll sign on to play the dog-loving vet. I know he’s capable of far more complex characters given his resume (heartbreaking biopic Dongju: The Life of a Poet, human dramas Retrial and Misaeng), but if he were a great rom-com hero on top of that, I’d only have more reason to love him. Come on, think of it as fan-service for everyone who wondered why your character disappeared halfway through Moon Lovers only to come back with a lobotomy! Surely the drama gods owe us for that one.

Dog Witch and Me doesn’t have a broadcaster yet, and is being planned for later this year.

Sbr : Dramabeans

za_87

• Senior Sailor
Re: [Upcoming TBA-2017] Dog Witch and Me
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 10:01:04 am »

Jang Nara up to play snooty blind heroine in Dog, Witch, and Me

Jang Nara sure doesn’t like to rest, does she? She only wrapped her last project, KBS’s time-traveling-for-a-second-chance-at-marriage drama Go Back Spouses, two months ago, and already she’s up to take the lead in the upcoming drama titled Dog, Witch, and Me.

Dog, Witch, and Me features a quirky trio at its center: a blind heroine described as a “rude witch” with a cocky and snooty personality, her seeing eye dog that’s utterly devoted to only her, and the hard-working vet who learns that the dog he so lovingly trained has been adopted by the bratty witch and tries to separate them. Aw, poor vet, that’s a losing battle. Then again, maybe it’s ultimately a winner, because it brings him in contact with her, and we can be sure a (hopefully oddball) romance will blossom out of the encounter.

Jang Nara has been offered the role of Ma Ji-soo, a former cellist and heiress who has extreme difficulty communicating and relating to others. Gifted musically, she was schooled at Juilliard, but after she was in a suspicious car accident, she lost her sight, she cursed her fate, and her personality turned haughty.

This project was previously offered to Kang Haneul (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo), though there’s no word on whether he’s still in the mix. I’d love to see him in a cute romance for once, though I could also see Jang Nara playing opposite any number of leading men. She does have that tendency to spark with practically everyone.

The drama does not yet have a broadcaster or a timeslot, though I’d bet securing Jang Nara to headline would speed up that process in a hurry. I expect to see it out sometime this year.

Sbr : Dramabeans
Pages: [1]   Go Up