;

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Racism, discrimination, bullying: have you been there?  (Read 3571 times)

Chibi(usa)gi

• Tomodachi
  • Keong: 0
    • @tentangEropa
Re: Racism, discrimination, bullying: have you been there?
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 03:32:52 PM »

@noonee
But have an easily tempered like me will get trouble. Believe me.
I always bullied by quiet girl because they think i bad person. Maybe you not believe me but it;s the real. I think they are jealous to me because i'm easily close with boys. I don't know why quiet girls always hated me so much. But many talkative girl not hate me so much.
Go follow @tentangEropa - All about Europe (culture, entertainment, politics at Europe, and more)

noonee

• Cabin Crew
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 06:49:40 PM »

ooh I understand you.
heii I'm an easily tempered and also a quiet girl, not close with the boys, I've got the most silent and terjaim awards in my class  [biggrin]

hmmm, but I think maybe for me that's not called easily tempered but sensitive, am I right? because I always thinking first about my or other people's feelings, especially before I want to say something, that's why I'm not talkative.

talkative girls usually don't really care about something like that, they're soooo easy going

midorima

• Senior Sailor
  • Which of your Lord favour would you deny?
    • Colourless Green Ideas Sleep Furiously
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 10:26:08 PM »

now i've graduated from university

and i started to work

and i don't know why but i feel like coming back to my highschool era.

becoming a quiet girl who are not understood by everyone.

people force me to talk more but when i talk, they said i'm far too straightforward.

i don't know what they want from me. i cannot talk normal. i mean, i don't have the sense to talk politely without being straightforward. that's what i am. when i want to talk, i will talk straightforwardly. when i don't have anything to talk about, i will keep silent. i don't have that "basa-basi" skill in real life. but most people find this strange, especially in Indonesia where "speaking" is the most important activity in communication. sometimes i think if i lived in Japan or Iceland where the people don't talk much, i would feel much more better.

hmm... actually it is not the kind of bullying. but sometimes i feel bullied by my own self. i feel haunted by my childhood memories (the bad times when i used to be bullied by my classmates).

i guess communication will always be my all-time problem that will never be resolved.

Aku melihat seseorang yg bersenang2 di surga hny krn pernah memotong dahan di jalan krn mengganggu Muslimin yg lewat (HR Muslim)

noonee

• Cabin Crew
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 10:17:48 PM »

yes, I heard "working world" is far harder than school...

and yeaaaah, Midorima, I don't like "basa-basi" too!!!!!! I only talk when I have something to talk. I'm too lazy to talk. I prefer thinking than talking, hehe. I was thinking if that is normal or not, so I've ever asked a psychology student wether "basa-basi" is really necessary in a dialog, and she said yes, it is necessary but better not too much.

I hate everywhen my friends start to talk unimportant thing, I mean bacot-bacotan ngga jelas gitu

now I'm gonna be a university student, and I'm affraid of my laziness to talk. is university life very hard?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:22:14 PM by noonee »

midorima

• Senior Sailor
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 10:44:58 PM »

hmmm... actually university life was hard for me (because of the pressure to get a good grade. GPA system is really torturing compared to the grading system in highschool. you are forced to compete with other people. so it is not enough to just pass, you have to adjust your intelligence with other students as well).

but because my friends are so friendly and nice, i don't feel depressed. what i like from my university friends is the fact that I'm a quiet girl and they are really outgoing, but they don't force me to talk. they wait for the right moment when i can talk easily about my favourite topics. once we share the same topic that i like, i could talk easily to them, and they listen. so, they don't force me to adapt with their conversation, but they just let me be me.
even those people who are not interested in the topic of my conversation, they will still respect it. and when they're against my opinion, we will have a critical yet funny debate.

that's why I love my campus friends. they are soooo nice. *i don't know the life in other campus/faculties, but my friend said that i'm lucky enough to have such wonderful friends because usually people in university are quite boring.

and i just realized it when i started to work in my current office. when i met people from other faculties, i guess i'm just different from them. i can't get their jokes as i could get my friends' jokes. and they force me to speak, but they don't like me to speak "honestly." so... i think i just don't fit in. :(

Aku melihat seseorang yg bersenang2 di surga hny krn pernah memotong dahan di jalan krn mengganggu Muslimin yg lewat (HR Muslim)

noonee

• Cabin Crew
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 10:56:34 PM »

hope I'll meet friends as great as yours there, they can understand you. I have some here at school, but unluckily we're not in the same class. she always lets me daydreaming, not like people as usual : try to keep talking. and I can have a daydreaming without feeling affraid she would feel that she is abandoned by me.

by the way, thanks for accepting me as your friend on facebook [hmpfh] , have you realized it?

noonee

• Cabin Crew
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 10:22:28 PM »

it's been a long time since last I visited this thread.

hmmm, just wanna ask people here. do you get angry when someone asking about your bad past? I mean when you got discriminated or bullied long time ago

midorima

• Senior Sailor
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 12:09:57 AM »

it's been a long time since last I visited this thread.

hmmm, just wanna ask people here. do you get angry when someone asking about your bad past? I mean when you got discriminated or bullied long time ago

actually that just happened tonight. she didn't ask it directly but...

one of my friends discussed something about 24 Face of Billy, and then the conversation led to child abuse/bullying

and then I remember my childhood. it hurts, actually. but nevermind.

it's been a long time a go...

noonee

• Cabin Crew
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 11:01:55 AM »

different from you, my younger sister one day said something to me, she didn't actually mock me, but she said it clearly that I used not to have any friend at school. then I yelled to her that it was only in the beginning of my junior high school life, in the end I've got some friends. after that, I didn't talk to her for about a week. I was so angry..  [ranting]

hey, I know that book, 24 Face of Billy, have you read it?

decie_imoet

• Penyelam Unggul
  • Keong: 4
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 04:22:21 PM »

I used to live in an exclusive part of Surabaya
(most of the people there are chinese or foreigners)
so many time, i was underestimated because of my dark skin
or ignored at the supermarket when i ask something
or mistaken to be the nanny, despite my teaching uniform and name tag
or being asked by some people what my religion is
like it has something to do with my capability!
 [ranting]

sorry my grammars arent that good

well, i just moved 2 surabaya, n like u, i lived in an exclusive part of surabaya too

i studied at university that almost 90% + of students are chinese, and the rest arab-indonesian, indian-indonesia, western-indonesian (dunno what country) and pure indonesian

sometimes i feel they (chinese) kinda ignore me, cuz im different, but not all of them treat me like that

and in the exclusive malls i often saw ppl treat indonesian really different than chinese or the others indonesia-dot dot dot

but since i had indian and arab in my blood, im not really treat the way indonesian ppl used too

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up