;

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: [Up]SAVING GENERAL YANG(EkinCheng,Vic ZHou,WuChun,Raymond,LiChen,Xin Bo,Adam C )  (Read 42842 times)

mon_susivc

• Senior Sailor
  • Keong: 1
  • Let us support ZZ together.

Upcoming movie SAVING  GENERAL  YANG  /  YANG  WARRIOR /  THE  YANG  CLAN.

Legenda ini sebelumnya telah diangkat ke layang kaca maupun ke layar lebar.
Aktor  yg  pernah terlibat  dalam  cerita  legenda  ini  antara  lain  Chow Yun Fat, Andy  Lau, Tony Leung.

Aku ngambil dari sumber berbahasa Inggris utk di FI ini.

Welcome dan terbuka untuk berdiskusi seputar movie  dan  karakter2  dalam movie ini.
Tapi harap tidak melecehkan aktor lain  yg bukan idolanya.
Seorang aktor menyukai tantangan melalui karakter yang dimainkannya untuk mengembangkan karirnya.
So, dukunglah aktor masing2 dengan  sportif.
:D

===========================================================================

The historical folk legend of the Yang’s Clan and the seven brothers (and their awesome General Daddy) who set out for war on behalf of the Song Dynasty against its enemies, and only one brother returned, has been made into movies and dramas so many times I have lost count. The story extols family honor and patriotic virtue of the Yang’s Clan and their willingness to give their lives for their Emperor.

The drama adaptations tends to focus on the younger brothers more, with Sixth Brother usually the lead since he’s the only one to return from the battle, though other versions have chosen to focus on Fourth Brother. I adore this story since I watched it as a kid and totally swooned over the brothers and their camaraderie and general awesomeness – they use spears as weapons, each has his own OTP, they fight all the time just for fun, they always have each other’s back. And it spawned a very famous proverb – “The Yang’s Clan, 7 sons left, 1 son returned.”
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:33:44 PM by mon_susivc »

mon_susivc

• Senior Sailor

Cast Confirmed for Upcoming HK/C Movie The Yang’s Clan Including Vic Zhou, Wu Zun, Louis Koo, and Ekin Cheng

Famed HK-producer-director-actor Bakmin Wong’s upcoming epic movie-version of The Yang’s Clan (杨家将) has just announced the seven lead actors playing the famed seven brothers of historical lore.

[yawn]

Only two of the actors have been confirmed to play a certain brother (Louis Koo as Big Brother and Wu Zun as Sixth Brother), but I can pretty much guess which brother the other five leads will be playing. Ekin Cheng I suspect is Second Brother, Raymond Lam is likely Third Brother, Vic Zhou could play Fourth Brother in his sleep (OMG the angst), Deng Cao would be perfect as stoic Fifth Brother, and Feng Shao Feng as playful Seventh Brother. Okay, you can start screaming now folks, because that above, is the epic cast for the upcoming The Yang’s Clan movie.

mon_susivc

• Senior Sailor

The confirmed cast also includes wuxia veteran Adam Cheng as the all-powerful and wise Daddy Yang. This movie version will supposedly center around the seven brothers’ rescue of Daddy Yang, likely from evil varmints of some invading nation. The poster above was made by C-netizens at Baidu, and at the end of the cast list naming each of the guys I listed above is this awesome tagline “and a bunch of Yang’s wives, too.” Mwahahaha, yup, don’t forget the wifeys. The movie starts filming this August, likely scheduled for a Fall 2012 release.

mon_susivc

• Senior Sailor

Vic Zhou Prepares for his First Martial Arts Role in the Upcoming The Yang’s Clan Movie

This news article I’m about to summarize is pretty inane, but hidden in the sheer asinine text is one important fact – the mainstream TW-newspapers are beginning to report on Vic Zhou and Wu Zun preparing for their roles in the upcoming HK/C martial arts movie The Yang’s Clan (which I posted about here). I’m always worried that early casting reports, which remain subject to the actor actually committing to it. To hear that Vic is actually working out for his first martial arts role, which further confirms his involvement, fills my heart with glee.

Though I do have to echo some witty Baiduers who noted the pointlessness of working out for period role since all that muscle is usually covered up in layers of robes and/or armor. Uhm, tell that to Aaron Kwok, who reinvented the hot shirtless warrior image for The Storm Riders over a decade ago, which was the only good thing about that movie.

The article notes that movie goers love seeing bromances and/or male rivalries on screen, and with the new generation of TW-leading men making their transition to the movies (such as Ethan Ruan in the upcoming The Flying Guillotine, Wu Zun for 14 Blades, The Kingdom, and now The Yang’s Clan), the audience is sure to get their fill of their favorite stars on the big screen. The articles goes on to quote Vic’s manager as saying that Vic has been traveling with free weights and works out during his spare time, in preparation of a very physcial role to come as one of the Yang brothers who goes to war.

The lamest comment in the entire article is without a doubt the following gem, which I paraphrase – while Vic can hardly be expected to get muscles as large as Wu Zun (see example of said muscle above), he’s young enough that some working out will net him a toned physique that will carry plenty of selling points. ROFLMHO – TW-media, it pains me to read you guys attempting (un)insightful commentary.

mon_susivc

• Senior Sailor

Ekin Cheng almost falls from a horse

The new film TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON two nights ago held its Hong Kong premiere, guests included Dior Cheng Yi Kin, Sammy, Wayne Lai Yiu Cheung, Vincy Chan (Wing Yi), Ken Hung Cheuk Lap, Tang Yi, Hung Kit and Chan Ka Lok.

Cheng Yi Kin is busy with his new film YANG CLAN WARRIROS (YEUNG GA JEUNG). Earlier he went to learn to ride a horse but was almost thrown form it. Luckily he hung on to the horse in time. Ekin said, "I may have to ride and fight at the same time, so right now we are practicing in advance."

mon_susivc

• Senior Sailor

Zaizai trains horse-riding, painful peeled skin on the buttock

June 30, 2011
Source : Taiwan Apple http://tw.nextmedia....ssueID/20110630
Translated by sytwo at VIC

Zai Zai (Vic Chou) has non-stop filming contracts and his new movie (Yang Warrior) which starts filming in August requires him to ride a horse. He uses his spare time to train horse-riding, but it caused peeled skin on the buttock which caused him great pain yet he was too embarrassed to say it out.

Zai Zai and Ella is filming Director Chu Yen Ping’s new movie, "Matchmade in Heaven," and during a media interview he revealed that in order to train horse-riding, his skin became “torn and peeled”. When he was pressed to divulge where the peeled skin was, he confessed with embarrassment that it was the buttock skin and that he could only endure the pain with difficulty.

Film producer of the movie Qiu Kuan praised Zaizai’s acting, but Qiu have not seen Zai Zai’s TV version "Black and White". Zai Zai humorously replied : "Then you can see the film version." But in the film version one would not be able to see Zaizai.

mon_susivc

• Senior Sailor

Casting Confirmed For the Yang’s Clan Movie with Vic Zhou as 4th Brother and Wu Zun as 6th Brother

Latest news from Weibo states that casting of the Yang’s brothers have been finalized. I posted here about the actors playing one of the seven brothers in the upcoming epic HK/C movie The Yang’s Clan (一门忠烈之杨家将), but it hadn’t yet been finalized which actor played which brother (with the exception of Wu Zun getting Liu Lang Sixth brother, and Louis Koo getting Da Lang First brother).

In addition to Wu Zun and Louis, the rest of the cast will go like this: Ekin Cheng as Er Lang Secondbrother , Feng Shao Feng as San Lang Third brother, Vic Zhou as Si Lang Fourth brother (booyah, just like I predicted), Raymond Lam as Wu Lang Fifth brother, and newcomer Fu Xin Bo as Ci Lang Seventh brother.

This is me here crying tears of joy. My Zai Zai as Si Lang? There is a drama god up there who loves me. Below I have character descriptions for those who are not familiar with this folktale. Oh, and the picture above is not the official poster, just fans having fun with photoshop.

N.B. :

Artikel di atas belum bisa dipercaya 100 % kebenarannya, sampai ada konfirmasi resmi dari manajemen.
Grand ceremony untuk  menandai dimulainya  syuting movie  ini  baru akan dihelat tgl 2  Agustus mendatang di rumah kediaman General Yang.
Pastinya di situ baru akan diketahui  pasti  siapa berperan sebagai  siapa.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:43:07 PM by mon_susivc »

mon_susivc

• Senior Sailor

Main personality of 7 brothers

1. Da Lang – Both patriotic and tactically brilliant.

2. Er Lang – Thoughtful and precise, a master at the study of stragetic text.

3. San Lang – Impetuous yet always willing to assist others.

4. Si Lang – Handsome yet born with a weaker constitution, has a rebellious personality.

5. Wu Lang – Not interest in war, obsessed with studying martial arts.

6. Liu Lang – Not very talkative, but very concerned with war matters. All the rewards he earns in battle he gives away to his troops, lives very simply.

7. Ci Lang – The most spoiled, happy and outgoing, always looking for interesting and fun things.

Wuxia veteran Adam Cheng will be playing Daddy Yang. Apparently the movie is purely focused on the brothers going to war to save Daddy Yang, so I’m not sure if we’ll get any Yang wives in it. Boo, I do love the love stories in the Yang’s clan. The director for this movie will be HK-director Ronny Yu, who directed The Bride With White Hair with Leslie Cheung and Bridgette Lin, Jet Li‘s Fearless, and even did the Hollywood movie Freddy v. Jason.

Since this movie is about the rescue of Daddy Yang and not the Battle at Golden Beach (where we get the famed saying that 7 brothers went to war and 1 came home), I’m expecting everyone to live and hopefully gimme a sequel or more. There is so much story to tell, and with such a star-studded cast I’m totally fangirling for more already.

mon_susivc

• Senior Sailor

News of Yang Warrior , cast (Louis Koo, Vic Chou, Xu Fan, Adam Cheng, Wuzun, Raymond Lam plus others) and that it will start shooting August 1st, air date Oct 2012.

http://www.jinbw.com.cn/pdf/dzb/dfjb/html/2011-06/21/content_1323.htm?div=-1
East this report - [articles] Henan giant video grand Act II, "a Valiant of the Legend" 110 621

Google  translate :

Yesterday morning, Henan Television Group as the main investor of the giant system costume film "Martyrs of a Legend", was held in Zhengzhou a grand media promotion. This promotion will introduce to the world headquarters in the film, but also a declaration of this high-profile commercial blockbusters and production, has officially entered the operational phase. Following last year's "Man 2: Master Legend", the Henan Television Group, a large business strategy to upgrade again, at the same time, Henan giant video grand chapter of the second chapter, and thus kicked off slowly - very quickly, a more magnificent display will show now the world's eyes ... ...

□ East this reporter Tao Hui

In addition to starring Deng Chao, no change in the entire creative team

In the just-concluded 14th Shanghai Film Festival, Henan Television Group in Shanghai Exhibition Center booth on the film market concern, A large extent because of the film "Martyrs of a Legend."

Reporters Entertainment Group booth in Henan placed on the album saw the film the entire creative team: the "Ip Man" movies, writing scripts creative team, a collection of top domestic and international film production teams work together. Who directed the film "Bride with White Hair," "Fearless" director Ronny Yu's famous any director, Hong Kong, one of three major film giants as a film producer Raymond Wong, starring by Louis Koo, Ekin Cheng, Vic, Raymond, Adam Cheng, Feng Shao Feng, Wu Zun, Tang Chao, Li Chen and Xu Fan's All-Star form.

To see such a strong creative team, enough to make reporters excited, but we also have doubts, because the lineup with the previous reports about the film differ. To this end, the reporter also promote yesterday's media conference on the matter to the Henan Television Group president Li Xin in an interview. Li Xin said that in addition to the reasons for Deng Chao as determined schedule appeared, the other key creative personnel are participating have been identified, Deng Chao's schedule is still in the coordination among, and will not rule out the possibility of Deng Chao star.

In addition, Li Xin, also confirmed that the film will be on August 2 in Henan Province held a grand ceremony of the boot, after which the film will begin shooting in Beijing.

June 15, reported in the East this report details of the film and the exposure of the creative team immediately after the strong rise of the reader's attention. Especially in the East today reported the official micro-Bo also announced the news, have encouraged many users "Scream" endless.

Relatively "calm" the user said "This team is too strong, and very looking forward to" some very "calm" and began screaming, "This team was a bit too much." Adhere to large strategic, business cards recycled film culture in Henan

Although this year's "Legend" theme of the movie starring Cecilia Cheung also the "Fugitive", but in the eyes of Li Xin, these two plays, and there is no "crash."

"This is a costume drama of war, is a real man show, is different from other similar themes play. "Yesterday the media promote the meeting, Li Xin, said in an interview with reporters," the film will be full Invisible Target, masculinity, the film's highlight is the popular Shichiro eight tiger break You state, bloody golden beaches, which several play alone horses will match with nearly a thousand, millions of soldiers and war scenes, swords people agonistic, the film's grand and imposing is rare in recent years, is definitely worth a large commercial audience expectations.

"

Last year, Henan Television Group as the main domestic investment side Toupai "Ip Man 2: Master Legend", Henan Television Group "blockbuster strategy" test the water for. Soon, Henan Television Group's unique strategic vision, it made a great return. "Man 2: Master Legends" at the box office eventually to 234 million yuan in the first half of 2010 Chinese film aspirations to clinch the title at the domestic box office list last year ranked fifth. This success, further enhanced the Henan Television Group adhere to the "blockbuster strategy" of confidence and in a short time, so that "large areas of strategy," fully upgraded, so there will be "a Valiant of the Legend," this feature-length films creation program.

In addition, the film is also for the dissemination of the Central Plains culture plays an important role.

Other news of Yang Warrior media conference :
http://news.dahe.cn/2011/06-20/100748664.html
http://newpaper.dahe.cn/dhb/html/2011-06/21/content_529517.htm
http://newpaper.dahe.cn/hnrb/html/2011-06/21/content_529704.htm

mon_susivc

• Senior Sailor

Screen caps from the TV news about Yang Warrior media conference :

Movie poster

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 42   Go Up